need urgent pc configuration - Rs. 40,000

d3p

PowerHouse
^ First thing first, Never buy any product without Bill.

2). Carry enough cash in hands to pay them in Cash. Payment through card will set you another 2% of tax above the total cost & 5% of vat.

3). Make sure the serial number of the products are clearly mentioned in the Bill for the RMA & warranty claim.

4). Don't accept any components with broken seal.

5). Register the Products on the corresponding websites & also verify the local warranty with it. Especially the HDD, GPU, Motherboard.

6). Be physically present, when the assembler is assembling your PC. Don't even leave a single cable or connector with him. Also the same with the driver CD or DVD's.

7). Calibrate your monitor, when the setup is completed & also look for dead pixels. [Google it for more info]

8). Make sure, you get a Good/decent spike buster or surge protector for your PC. Buy it. Also make sure your appartment/flat have secured earthing line.

BELKIN GOLD 8 PIN - INR 1500.00

9). No need of buying any other cable, connector etc etc, as of now. Coz most of them will be included in your new component package.

10). Keep the bill safe with you for atleast 3yrs, coz most of the components are coming with standard 1-3yrs of warranty in india.

11). Its always suggestible to use updated bios firmwares & drivers for optimum performance. Get a free good antivirus like Avira or buy any paid antivirus like McAfee, Kaspersky or Norton, if you are using this machine for Browsing internet.

12). If possible then take a immediate image of the Windows. Later when your PC crashes or something, your can immediately put the image back, without all these stuffs. Also keep taking Backup of your sensitive documents/photos over a period of time.

That's all.

Last edited:
OP
P

pathak

Broken In
Just going through the website of Western digital and see the product details of HDD, WD5000AADX, Sata 6Gb/s, WD5000AAKS SATA 3 Gb/s and WD5000AAKS, PATA 100 MB/s, after googling i realised pata is the older one and SATA revision 2.0 (SATA 3 Gbit/s) and SATA revision 3.0 (SATA 6 Gbit/s). Hence I want to know which product Sata 6 Gb/s or 3 Gb/s is compatible with the motherboard of Intel DH 67 CL B3, as on the intel website they have given information about DH 67 CL only.

d3p

PowerHouse
^ P-ATA or IDE is outdated. Sata II supports 3GB/s & Sata III supports 6GB/s.

Sata ports are backward compatible & your mobo supports both. Intel DH67CL B3 supports 2 Sata III ports & 3 Sata II ports, which is more than sufficient for couple of yrs.

OP
P

pathak

Broken In
Last saturday gone to local market at Ashok Vihar to check out the price to my suprise APC 800VA UPS costs Rs.5150 and 1100 VA cost 4950. I enquired about it in two or three shops but the prices for APC 800 VA remains the same just Rs. 100 or 200 down. I think spending so much on a UPS is not a good idea. Suggest should I go in for 600VA or of any other brand.

OP
P

pathak

Broken In
one of my friend has told me that intel motherboards coming now days are causing problems as I have opted for DH 67CL B3, is it true. If so then suggest me someother Mobo of same specifications.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
There are no issues with intel boards. There was some issue with sata port corruption(I think) in some earlier intel boards but they have been fixed after the b3 revision

Top Bottom