need urgent help with infrared port

Status
Not open for further replies.

yash

I draw every day
Earlier when i usd to bring my nokia 6230 in front of my laptop with infrared on i could send files to it very quickly and my phone could send files to the laptop without the use of nokia pc suite.but since a while back this isnt happening.it detects a modem on ir port but dosent detect a "computer device"like it used to.i want to send files to and from my cell but nokia pc suite does not even allow to use infrared port for data transfer(its showing some error when i try to select ir in connection manager)

OP
yash

yash

I draw every day
i just found out that the problem is a little more serious...when going through the support of windows i found out about the wireless link icon in control pannel.when i tried clicking it,it didnt open.so the wireless link itself is not working.how can i fix that?

d

Journeyman
um...try removing the device from device manager and reinstalling the drivers....most probably its a driver problem.....also maybe u can transfer w/o nokia pc suite....i can do tht with my SE k750i.....also reinstall the drivers for the phone....

OP
yash

yash

I draw every day
the hardware came with my laptop so i dont know about the drivers so i fear to uninstall it... but i found out on some forums that the problem coud be because i start directly on the desktop without the welcome screen since i have only one user.so i`ll try activating another user or creating a pasword first and then report..

manmay

Journeyman
try to uninstall the infra red device drivers and then install it from the drivers cd.
then bring your mobile near your IR port. it should detect.
it is also possible that the problem is due to some software that u recently installled that is conflicting with the IR.
try unstalling the software and connect.
also u can try to make another user from the contrl pannel and login into that user and try to connect.

that all i have to say....
if the device does not work after this then borrow a infra red dongle and see if its working or not.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i've faced this problem wid a 6610i. after i installed pc suite, proper drivers were installed and the phone was recognized as a "computer"

OP
yash

yash

I draw every day
i uninstalled it and restarted.it worked this time but after the next restart it again wouldnt detect it so repeated the same procedure again.maybe i`ll have o keep doing it over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom