Need Urgent help {TODAY ONLY} for PC Config GPU+PSU+RAM

Imvikky18

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Movies HD 3d Content on my existing LG D2342P Monitor, Some amount of Photoshop, occasional video editing on Sony Vegas 11, Learning Oracle with installation of Oracle 11 and J2EE Development on Eclipse platform... Not serious gamer but wouldn't mind playing a couple of hours since I have spent so much on 3D monitor recently

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:10 K (Spent 15K on Monitor and 14K on MoBo + Processor already)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Have No Idea about it...

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 32 or 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: internal 2 TB preferred... may install a 64 GB SSD on first upgrade for OS

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: LG D2342P-PN Passive 3D Monitor... 23 "... 1920x1080...

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Just got brand new AMD FX8320 Amazon.com: AMD FD8320FRHKBOX FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor Black Edition, AM3+: Computers & Accessories and Gigabyte 970A D3 Amazon.com: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard: Electronics from a friend coming back from US

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: First week February

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: First time... I would do it myself...

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: New Delhi... Either Nehru Place or Flipkart...

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please suggest a good GFX card which suits my combination of Processor + Mobo + Monitor as my friend can bring me GFX card as well if I get it delivered by 31 Jan

My monitor supports HDMI / DVI-D / D-Sub inputs but I would prefer DVI-D or HDMI modes would require D-Sub for external TV tuner card...

Nerevarine

Incarnate
CX430v2 for PSU Rs 2700 - Corsair ValueRAM 4GB - 1100
For GPU - you should aim for a HD 7770 but if budget prevents you, then get a HD 7750

Rockstar11

Technomancer
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Movies HD 3d Content on my existing LG D2342P Monitor, Some amount of Photoshop, occasional video editing on Sony Vegas 11, Learning Oracle with installation of Oracle 11 and J2EE Development on Eclipse platform... Not serious gamer but wouldn't mind playing a couple of hours since I have spent so much on 3D monitor recently

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:10 K (Spent 15K on Monitor and 14K on MoBo + Processor already)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Have No Idea about it...

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 32 or 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: internal 2 TB preferred... may install a 64 GB SSD on first upgrade for OS

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: LG D2342P-PN Passive 3D Monitor... 23 "... 1920x1080...

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Just got brand new AMD FX8320 Amazon.com: AMD FD8320FRHKBOX FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor Black Edition, AM3+: Computers & Accessories and Gigabyte 970A D3 Amazon.com: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard: Electronics from a friend coming back from US

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: First week February

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: First time... I would do it myself...

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: New Delhi... Either Nehru Place or Flipkart...

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please suggest a good GFX card which suits my combination of Processor + Mobo + Monitor as my friend can bring me GFX card as well if I get it delivered by 31 Jan

My monitor supports HDMI / DVI-D / D-Sub inputs but I would prefer DVI-D or HDMI modes would require D-Sub for external TV tuner card...

please give review of LG D2342P. how much cost?

i am planning to buy this 3d monitor

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
For GPU - you should aim for a HD 7770 but if budget prevents you, then get a HD 7750
Amazon.com: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHZ 1 GB DDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 11201-17-20G: Computers & Accessories This seems to be in my budget plus another 2700 for PSU and Corsair ValueRAM 4GB - 1100 another 1000 for cabinet could do... any suggestions...

I would PM you the review... as of now hunting amazon and refreshing this page every thirty seconds

Nerevarine

Incarnate
why are you buying from Amazon.. if you need hassle free warranty , get from Indian websites only

1k you are pretty much limited for cabinets.. throw in another 1 k and you can get a cooler master 310... but if u cant, get the cheapest mid tower cabby (shd cost around Rs 500 locally)

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
But warranty will be major problem. If any part failed you have to ship it to USA and ......... Its a lot of pain.

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
Re: Need Urgent help {TODAY ONLY} for PC Config

But warranty will be major problem. If any part failed you have to ship it to USA and ......... Its a lot of pain.

Not an Issue I think I can handle that... Got some relatives and friends over there...

Will this GPU support HD 3D content...considering my configuration motherboard and Monitor???

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yes it theoretically supports HD3D but dont expect lag free gaming ... for 3D content support, you need to spend atleast 18-20k for GTX 660ti or HD 7870

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
yes it theoretically supports HD3D but dont expect lag free gaming ... for 3D content support, you need to spend atleast 18-20k for GTX 660ti or HD 7870

Any scope of adding another Graphics card on same Mobo...with crossfire

Amazon says
Expansion Slots: 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4. 3 x PCI Express x1 slots. 2 x PCI slots

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yes you will be able to add another GPU but it's not VFM since the 2nd GPU will be running at only 4x performance..
Even if it did run at x16, crossfire in general isnt VFM, you will experience microstutter and newer games might not be optimised for CF.. just get a stronger GPU and you are good to go..
Id recommend atleast a GTX 660 ti or HD 7870 if u want 3d gaming..
also remember, nvidia has it's own proprietary glasses for 3d gaming, make sure your display is compatible with it

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
I am confused about nvidia glasses issue...I got a passive 3D monitor which works with Tridef 3D software... Monitor has option of automatically handling Full HD HSBS video... I can see list of 3D games on Tridef website... Is there anything else I need to consider before getting the Display card... I am tight on budget and those cards are out of question for me now I can conside them at first upgrade or so...
Tridef Website talks about HD3D technology and supported list of Cards doesn't show HD7770 *www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-hd3d/Pages/3d-desktop-graphics.aspx#2
Do I need to reconsider graphics card now itself

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
HD 7770 does have support for HD3D technology and it will support the LG Monitor for 3D viewing.

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
HD 7770 does have support for HD3D technology and it will support the LG Monitor for 3D viewing.
Thank you... Just seen your signature....I am going close to your configuration just a shade lower... Could you suggest me what would be the PSU I would require... In fact I would put the complete planned configuration??? You could suggest me if I need to modify my config...

Processor(Purchased) AMD FX 8320
Mobo(Purchased) GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ (rev 1.4)
GPU Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5
Cabinet Cooler Master Elite 311 Plus Mid Tower Cabinet
Cooling Options Suggest if required
PSU CX430v2 (is that okay considering the load?)
RAM CORSAIR Value RAM 8GB(should it be 8GB1 dimm/4GB 2 dimm considering another 8 GB in next upgrade)(Vengence/Value)
HDD 2 TB WD
KeyBoard Wireless Keyboard
Mouse Existing Wireless Mouse
Monitor(Purchased) LG D2342P Passive 3D Monitor
UPS Suggest
Speaker Suggest (5.1)

First Planned UPGRADE
SSD SanDisk 60 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive (Ultra 60 GB)
RAM 8 GB

How much 12V rail current do I need for a AMD FX8320 (125W) Processor and Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 (450 W) card... Would it be 48 Watts.. because What I have checked from net is that CX430v2 supports 32A on 12V rail.... Experts please suggest???

*www.tomshardware.com/forum/366190-33-fitting-sapphire-radeon-7770
Something like a 380-450w PSU is what you should have for the Radeon 7770, preferably 430w to 450w....
vs
*www.flipkart.com/corsair-cmpsu-430cxv2uk-430-watts-psu/p/itmd5xz5qs9mhqmq?pid=PSUD5XZ4ZJ5YPGBU&ref=081e3514-6772-47cd-9bf9-e2e14c3393cf&srno=t_6&otracker=from-search&query=corsair%20psu
To find out how many amps you need on the +12V rail do the following - Add up the maximum wattage of your CPU and graphics card and divide that number by 12. Add 5 more amps to this number (for drives and fans) and you get what you need at a minimum. Also take into account any upgrades (CPU or graphics card) that you may do in the near future.

In that case shall I switch over to lower GPU... HD 7750... Will that support AMD HD3D support for LG D2342P Passive 3D monitor....

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all, gaming on a Passive 3D display does not require very strong graphics card as required in 120 Hz Active 3D display. Passive 3D monitors run @ 60 Hz speed and use Interlacing for displaying 3D image. They are also not that laggy compared to the Active 3D displays. So you can enjoy good amount of 3D gaming with HD 7770 with medium settings.

Regarding PSU, I would recommend you to go with a 500W PSU at least which will be very helpful for overclocking FX-8350. The FX processors overclock like charm and you will never utilize the potential of them until you overclock them. Aslo HD 7770 can be overclocked by a good margin to enhance gaming performance. So better get a higher powered PSU.

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
Thank You so much... I want some more advice on the complete combination I am going for....

Cabinet Cooler Master Elite 311 Plus Mid Tower Cabinet(is it okay for the system)

Additional Cooling Options (Suggest if it would be required)

RAM CORSAIR Value RAM 8GB(should it be 8GB1 dimm/4GB 2 dimm considering another 8 GB in next upgrade)(Vengence/Value)

UPS (Suggest minimumum wattage(KVA) that would support my rig..)

Speakers set (Suggest 5.1)

This would be my first attempt at assembling.... Please Help

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
Hey guys please suggest something... I have to go for the purchase soon... My imported hardware already on the way....:p

Top Bottom