need urgent help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Log_net2

Broken In
my cousin husband asked me to reinstalled his corrupt windows; without second thought i did it for him :(.

I boot with UBCD and live linux to move important files from his c drive but i forgot to have a deeper look into his my document where he stored important photos and documents (he dont have any back-up)

i formatted his c drive (FAT32) to NTFS and reinstalled windows; but VIRUS from his other drive coz problems and i formatted again and reinstalled it.

is there any chances of recovering his photos and documents.any good HD recovery softwares or services.

thanks

NOTE: i could felt the pinch of blame on me :mad:, learnt from my mistake dont ever touch others computers without second thought.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
My cousin husband :O :O :O :O :O

Ok Jokes apart.

FAT32 > NTFS, then reformatting, you stand less chance to recover anything. Use PC Inspector File recovery, there is an option which allows you to "TRY" and recover data sector by sector, takes heaven lot of time. You can also try "recover partition" or something like that. I don't know about other recovery tools, so I won't recommend.

OP
Log_net2

Log_net2

Broken In
thanks virus not from the urban dictionary ;-)

i know it would be very hard but is there any slim chance.

i know about PC Inspector i used it once or twice i thinks its not so powerful thanks for the tip.

OP
Log_net2

Log_net2

Broken In
thanks Coool for recover my files seem to be a good one i'll try that.

yeah nice lesson learned.

offtopic: tell me more about ur sig airtel free mobile internet ;-),thanks.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Stellar Phoenix data recovery.

PS: You can recover anything from a harddrive unless you do HDD erase that writes hex values all over the HDD and repeat the same for 3-4 times.

also check Stellar FAT & NTFS Data Recovery Software

Last edited:
OP
Log_net2

Log_net2

Broken In
hey desiibond thanks.I'll look into that.

i had formatted his C drive from FAT32 to NTFS so i think slim chances but i am sure going to try; it seem Stellar would do the work.

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom