Need urgent help on installing drivers on my laptop

just_asim

100% GENUINE
Due to a virus problem I had to format my laptop, but after formatting only I realized that the mother board driver CD is not with me, now I am in a mess as how to install the drivers?
Tried the manufacture's site HCL support for downloading the drivers but it seems their download links don't work..
Somebody help me as what to do? and how to find the appropriate software for my hardware, I am currently using Windows XP SP3 Home Edition..

OP
J

just_asim

100% GENUINE
Thanks, for the link..
Yes, it helped..but partially it only installed the Intel Drivers..some drivers are still missing any clue on where to find them?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
find name of the driver, version no and download it from the device manufacturer's website or simple google and you'll find it.

vishalsharma9001

Right off the assembly line
Frnd u need 2 try the soft Slimdriver it wil definately help it is free but b4 using u need 2 create a free account go to : SlimDrivers DriverUpdate - Update Drivers for Windows 7, XP, and Vista jst download the soft and enjoy

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Could you please let us know your Laptop's Model no. and the drivers still missing that would be helpful?

OP
J

just_asim

100% GENUINE
Laptop Make : HCL
Model : ME Leaptop U39
Driver's Still Missing : Touch pad (Scroll not working confirms it is still missing)
Keyboard Manager
Wifi
Camera

find name of the driver, version no and download it from the device manufacturer's website or simple google and you'll find it.

How to know the device version no??

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Googling, I couldn't find anything. Could you be specific about the exact model no (variant). The one I found had Ubuntu, so, it's not the one you have. Have you tried Device Manager. From there, you could select the device whose driver is missing, click update driver and go to windows update to download the driver.
It's strange that you didn't find the Wireless Driver on intel site, because, AFAIK, most of the devices are equipped with Intel Wireless chips.
BTW, you can try doing manual download of the drivers from the intel site, if you know the exact model names of the hardware.

OP
J

just_asim

100% GENUINE
Googling, I couldn't find anything. Could you be specific about the exact model no (variant). The one I found had Ubuntu, so, it's not the one you have. Have you tried Device Manager. From there, you could select the device whose driver is missing, click update driver and go to windows update to download the driver.
It's strange that you didn't find the Wireless Driver on intel site, because, AFAIK, most of the devices are equipped with Intel Wireless chips.
BTW, you can try doing manual download of the drivers from the intel site, if you know the exact model names of the hardware.

Yes it is the same you found after Google search, my system had Ubuntu installed from the manufacturer, but I moved on to Windows,
I will try the Device Manager procedure one.....and will update you the success/failure of the same.....

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
That's the problem. HCL provides linux drivers for your model and if you're installing Windows, then you're on your own to search the drivers. I think you will have to search specific hardware manufacturer's website to download the drivers.

OP
J

just_asim

100% GENUINE
That's the problem. HCL provides linux drivers for your model and if you're installing Windows, then you're on your own to search the drivers. I think you will have to search specific hardware manufacturer's website to download the drivers.

Thanks, a lot for your help and suggestions...
Finally Installed the Wifi driver too from Intel's site..
now only the Keyboard and Touch pad and the LAN drivers are missing and I think they do not really affect my system's work...

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
IMO, they do. Though, there's not much need for the keyboard drivers as generic drivers will work almost well, except, some specific function keys might not work like the one to disable the touchpad, etc, but you'll be missing the scroll and in case you need to connect to wired network or lan, or share your internet, then you'll probably need the lan drivers too. I suppose that you might give a try to Synaptics, as IMO, most of the touchpads are manufactured by them. As far as LAN is concerned, either Realtek or Atheros.

Top Bottom