Need UPS for my system

anandharaja

In the zone
hi
currently i have moserbear UPS now the battery is dead, asked in the computer shops they have only ups no battery, so i decided to change battery myself asked in the electronics store, they have SIGMA brand 3 months warranty the ratting is 7.2AH UPS have Luminuous 7.5AH battery. is that battery suitable to my configuration and also if my graphics card running means ups restarts continuously, any one suggest the ups handle my system in full load. what is the price of UPS running at 30minutes backup.

MY System Configuration:

Processor : intel i5 2500
M/B : intel DH67BL
RAM : 4GB x 2
HDD : 1no
DVD Drive : 1
Power Supply : Corsair GS 600
GPU : ASUS GTX 560ti
FAN : 120mm - 3.no

and also i decided to change my cabin because its not give better cooling, if i change i increase the fan depends on the cabin.

here the local dealers have numeric and v-guard UPS only, what about the sigma battery?

Tell the best UPS and Price.

Not sure if that can handle that. The 600va is available for 2200 and 1.1kva for ~5k

Not sure if that can handle that. The 600va is available for 2200 and 1.1kva for ~5k

Broken In
hi
currently i have moserbear UPS now the battery is dead, asked in the computer shops they have only ups no battery, so i decided to change battery myself asked in the electronics store, they have SIGMA brand 3 months warranty the ratting is 7.2AH UPS have Luminuous 7.5AH battery. is that battery suitable to my configuration and also if my graphics card running means ups restarts continuously, any one suggest the ups handle my system in full load. what is the price of UPS running at 30minutes backup.

MY System Configuration:

Processor : intel i5 2500
M/B : intel DH67BL
RAM : 4GB x 2
HDD : 1no
DVD Drive : 1
Power Supply : Corsair GS 600
GPU : ASUS GTX 560ti
FAN : 120mm - 3.no

and also i decided to change my cabin because its not give better cooling, if i change i increase the fan depends on the cabin.

here the local dealers have numeric and v-guard UPS only, what about the sigma battery?

Tell the best UPS and Price.

Go for Powercom or Powersafe UPS They are of good Quality.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Stay away from those replacement batteries. They will not give the backup time of original batteries. Last year I bought one (it bears Exide brand name, but I doubt it). The backup time was less than 5 minutes only and after the 6 months warranty period it gives barely 1 minute. The original battery used to give 10-15 minutes backup time.

Stay away from those replacement batteries. They will not give the backup time of original batteries. Last year I bought one (it bears Exide brand name, but I doubt it). The backup time was less than 5 minutes only and after the 6 months warranty period it gives barely 1 minute. The original battery used to give 10-15 minutes backup time.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"

I disagree
I have used replacement batteries( ORIGINAL BUYED FROM SHOP, NOT REFURBISHED )
And they have worked very well.. I have used exide chloride safe power
I have even got battery REPLACEMENT on the 5th month of warranty because of the ups motherboard problem. Got the replacement battery in a month

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I meant to say stay away from those unknown brands available in electronics stores. These are mainly refurbished and they give warranty like 6 months but hey won't function for long. If you can get genuine battery use it.

OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone
in my location only numeric brand available at 5000 to 5500 for 1KVA, and APC brand for 7800.
Any one using numeric ups can i go for it.

OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone
Buy from a online store APC 1.1KVA~5K + Rs.400 for shipping.
No one have Numeric UPS brand?

friends i don't find APC ups in my location @ 5K , above 7K only so i decided to go with numeric UPS.

Any Numeric UPS user here, please share your comments, tomorrow i plan to order Numeric 1 KVA.

OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone
friends no one have Numeric 1 KVA UPS, all are suggesting only APC, APC is not available in my location and also it costlier.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
also APC if you use local batteries like exide, it malfunctions like continous beeps(like high load) so the battery is costly with APC.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
friends no one have Numeric 1 KVA UPS, all are suggesting only APC, APC is not available in my location and also it costlier.

I had a numeric 600va( ex-c) (4years old) and 2 more numeric 600va DIGITAL which is 6-7 years old but gives MINIMUM 20 mins backup still( changed battery many times) ( makes loud hissing noise now due to bad capacitors I think) and still working!!! But the one I got 4 years ago is not making any noise but gets hot moderately..
It gets hot like a stove... All upses get hot including vguard but APC 600va DOESN'T(got this February)

And now my NEW apc UPS battery was changed 4 times in 4 months :(
Under warranty

OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone
@ kARTechnology, gopi_vbboy
so it doesnot matter Numeric or APC the only problem is the battery.

@kARTechnology i read one comment in APC website he also said the battery is not good.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
@ kARTechnology, gopi_vbboy
so it doesnot matter Numeric or APC the only problem is the battery.

@kARTechnology i read one comment in APC website he also said the battery is not good.

imagine- all those batteries were actually replaced and REFURBISHED BY APC ITSELF....
they are just refuising to give me a new ups or a NEW BATTERY ATLEAST

OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone
Finally i purchased Numeric UPS, model is "Numeric Digital 1000 AX" it gives solid back up of 45 minutes just for normal browsing, not checked with full load. but today i try to clean my cabin outside i heard some noise in ups, these type of noise heard in my old ups while in battery mode. is that normal? or have any problem is ups?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Finally i purchased Numeric UPS, model is "Numeric Digital 1000 AX" it gives solid back up of 45 minutes just for normal browsing, not checked with full load. but today i try to clean my cabin outside i heard some noise in ups, these type of noise heard in my old ups while in battery mode. is that normal? or have any problem is ups?

what kind of noise

like tick tick or click click
and when
it was off
on battery
on mains
??like that

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
@ kARTechnology
i heard sound like flying insects in main and battery mode.

flying insects is ok on battery mode...all upses/inverters do it (excluding sinewave i think )
but on mains mode i dont think so...
because my numeric(600Ec-X and 2 other 600VA Digital) did make flying insects on battery mode but not on mains mode...or is your input voltage "dirty"???

Top Bottom