Need to Upgrade Laptop-Make it even faster-SSD or Hybrid Hard Disk??

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I own a DV6 6121tx and the only bottleneck I found was its HDD.
I also contemplated buying a new Envy 15 ( Yeah,I'm a HP FanBoy,and HP's have served me awesomely till date),but it also came with a 5400 rpm drive.
So,with Budget fixed at around 12k(Max),I have the following questions in mind
1.SSD or Hybrid HDD like Seagate Momentus XT??How is this- *www.flipkart.com/seagate-solid-sta...TS9T&ref=01ded4e2-2cb4-4510-b30c-1f482382fe3a ??
2.If SSD,what should be its ideal size??256GB or a 128GB one??
3.Any good VFM SSD recommendations??

Please reply ASAP,

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I own a DV6 6121tx and the only bottleneck I found was its HDD.
I also contemplated buying a new Envy 15 ( Yeah,I'm a HP FanBoy,and HP's have served me awesomely till date),but it also came with a 5400 rpm drive.
So,with Budget fixed at around 12k(Max),I have the following questions in mind
1.SSD or Hybrid HDD like Seagate Momentus XT??How is this- Seagate Solid State Hybrid Drive 9.5 mm thickness 1 TB Laptop Internal Hard Drive (ST1000LM014) - Seagate: Flipkart.com ??
2.If SSD,what should be its ideal size??256GB or a 128GB one??
3.Any good VFM SSD recommendations??

Please reply ASAP,

Samsung 840 EVO 256GB SSD -14000.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Thanks.
And how is the Hybrid HDD that I've mentioned??Can they provide speeds of SSD while also increasing storage??

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Actually I'm planning to go for this-*www.flipkart.com/samsung-840-series-250-gb-ssd-internal-hard-drive-mz-7td250bw/p/itmdhwymgyx2htcn?pid=IHDDHWYAFRSNG8GB&ref=4298bcab-acc5-4efe-b331-52c02d38900f
as I'm a bit too tight on budget,and this appeared to be the best SSD keeping in mind the price to GB ratio.

Also any particular site to look out for cadddies??Because the lowest quote I could find was 1.1k- Universal 12mm Laptop Optical Bay Hard Disk Caddy | eBay

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Actually I'm planning to go for this-*www.flipkart.com/samsung-840-series-250-gb-ssd-internal-hard-drive-mz-7td250bw/p/itmdhwymgyx2htcn?pid=IHDDHWYAFRSNG8GB&ref=4298bcab-acc5-4efe-b331-52c02d38900f
as I'm a bit too tight on budget,and this appeared to be the best SSD keeping in mind the price to GB ratio.

Also any particular site to look out for cadddies??Because the lowest quote I could find was 1.1k- Universal 12mm Laptop Optical Bay Hard Disk Caddy | eBay

Buy Samsung 250GB 840 EVO Series SSD Drive Online | Samsung 250GB Evo SSD Drive This is a sister site of primeabgb.com. Very Reliable.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
@@BavuSani
Couldn't dare risking my money on an unknown site(ONlYSSD) as I've burnt my fingers umpteen number of times purchasing off ebay and other new sites. So ordered your recommendation from Flipkart from the primeabgb seller for 200 bucks more(Rs.12450).
Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB Laptop, Desktop Internal Hard Drive (MZ-7TE250BW) - Samsung: Flipkart.com
My doubt is that it mentions desktop SSD..........Will it fit on my laptop?? I knew SSD's come in a standard size irrespective of the device they are meant to be used in.

It is definitely worth the money spent on it.

Definitely bro,I would love to go for it,but with my limited pocket money,evo was the best I could extend for...

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
@Sujay
Thanks bro.....Although I do admit,I'm a novice for these kind of info,hence had never dealt with ONLYSSD.com.

Eagerly awaiting my SSD to arrive.........
Meanwhile,can you members who have experience with SSD's can make a list of Do's and Dont's for the SSD. I found some info quite confusing in google.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@Sujay
Thanks bro.....Although I do admit,I'm a novice for these kind of info,hence had never dealt with ONLYSSD.com.

Eagerly awaiting my SSD to arrive.........
Meanwhile,can you members who have experience with SSD's can make a list of Do's and Dont's for the SSD. I found some info quite confusing in google.

I bought an Kingston V+200 256GB SSD in May/2013 from flipkart for 11500. It is working in great condition and these are what you need to do from time to time.
>Never defrag your SSD as it will decrease its lifetime.
>Upgrade your SSD's firmware from time to time as and when the manufacturer releases it.So keep tabs on it.OK.
>Install CCleaner and analyse and run the cleaner regularly before you shut down your PC.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Thanks. Will I specifically need CCleaner or will other softwares do the task?? Because I have registered version of Advanced System Optimiser with me,and I've found it to be pretty effective.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Got my SSD-Its a 250 GB Samsung Evo @12450

20131112_233643.jpg20131112_233648.jpg

Top Bottom