need to purchase a mobile - please suggest good one

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Hi I am planning to buy a new mobile within the price range of 18-20k

My requirements are :

First and foremost = OTG Support must be there
atleast 5" screen ( will be good if it comes with gorilla glass)
good sound output
call quality

I am having my eye on Xperia C, Galaxy grand 2 ( it does not have OTG), xperia t2 ultra, can you please suggest me which is good one.

Also, as HTC Desire 816 comes with all features, but it is priced at very high due to high demand. So, should I wait for sometime so that the price of desire can come at my level.

Also, galaxy grand 2 is also looking good but lagging the OTG support. will it be a good deal?

and about xperia c, yes, this is nice phone, but the os is kind of outdated and there is no new updates have been specified by sony till now. rumors are there that it will not going to get kitkat update. overall it is good phone letting other factors away. \

Please suggest me which one should i go for.

ashs1

Padawan
No idea about when Desire 816's price will come down..
Among your 3 choices, If you can get T2 ultra ( does it support OTG ?? ), it will be a good choice. It has a good screen with a nice camera. Sound Output & call quality are top notch !
Stay away from C. Its a Overpriced Mediatek phone from Sony. :/

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Yes, T2 Ultra is another good device but I have seen lots of review and all are saying the sound output is pretty low. Also, the another factor is screen size. Though it has 6" HD screen which is very much appreciable and every feature which I need is present there, but I am afraid regarding the handling of that. That will not be easy to carry with my jeans pocket. may be that will go beyond 7" on full dimension.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
i would say grab HTC desire 816

here

HTC Desire 816 ? Buy HTC Desire 816 Online in India ? The MobileStore

use a friends or if you have ICICI debit card for payment and final price would be around 21k .. i say grab this offer as soon as possible .. htc is very bad with Pricing of their mobiles..

sakthibruce

Broken In
OTG is depends on os. Go with indian brands like xolo mmx etc the following has kitkat update Buy Xolo Q1010 White: Available at Lowest Price in India

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Yes, that is a good idea. But I am also afraid about the after sales service of htc. As I am frm hubli ( Karnataka), and there is no outlet / stores for htc. So, in case any problem occurs, I have to go either to Bangalore or Goa, to get it repaired.

Also, I am thinking if I drop the idea of OTG support. and keeping an eye on my budget that is 16-18k, Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 will be very suitable.

What do you say ?

rdx_halo

In the zone
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is a great choice in that range but members in this forum generally hate samsung so don't expect encouraging comments from them.

$hadow

Geek in making
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is a great choice in that range but members in this forum generally hate samsung so don't expect encouraging comments from them.
We don't hate Samsung. It is just that in the similar budget there are better devices available.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

The hate should be expected because of the poor build quality, bloated touchwiz and especially the SoC in their Indian phone launches.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
if your budget is strictly limited to 18k then galaxy grand 2 is the best phone in that range for sure..

but its going to be outdated in 1 month so unless its urgent i would suggest wait a month before you spend that 18k

xperia ZR was recently available for 19k something
+ moto x price is expected to drop as well as soon as x+1 launches

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
but ZR comes with single SIM. and the configuration which samsung is having is same as new featured phones such as desire 816 also. they are also having same gpu and cpu. even spending 24k for 816, still we will get the adreno 305 and yes, processor is something good but it is same but clocked at 1.6 ghz.

So, I don't think samsung will be outdated in a few couple of months. and yes, your idea is also good of waiting for a month or two. May be prices will fall in coming days.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
but ZR comes with single SIM. and the configuration which samsung is having is same as new featured phones such as desire 816 also. they are also having same gpu and cpu. even spending 24k for 816, still we will get the adreno 305 and yes, processor is something good but it is same but clocked at 1.6 ghz.

So, I don't think samsung will be outdated in a few couple of months. and yes, your idea is also good of waiting for a month or two. May be prices will fall in coming days.

by outdated i meant snapdragon 410 phones .. they are just on the verge of launching .. the performance difference will not be that much between snapdragon 400 and 410 but features like Arm v8 , 64 bit , 4g , a slightly faster Cortex A53 than cortex A7 is going to be the norm now..

they might also give snapdragon 610 in 23-24k which will be miles ahead of HTc desire 816 etc..

but if i were you i would instantly buy ZR at 20k .. + features like dust and waterproof makes this a unique phone

Sony Xperia ZR Price in India - Buy Sony Xperia ZR White 8 GB Online - Sony: Flipkart.com

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
avoid samsung,gionee,micromax,xolo etc too many issues and pathetic service
get the xperia sp or wait/extend your budget for LG G2 or some other old flagship
id get moto x or xperia sp in your situation(both support otg if im not mistaken) and are amazing phones,samsung is not hated for just no reason at all , they really are a terrible manufacturer despite alot of potential and unconditional trust from people

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
is xperia t2 really big to handle. Say I am in office. Will it look like I am handling such a monster device in my hands.

Top Bottom