Need to buy Hard Disk enclosure

ajaymailed

In the zone
The other day i went to buy an 2TB internal hard disk in CTC, Hyderabad and when i asked about hard disk enclosure, shop wallas are saying that enclosures are not good and will fail easily or even damage the hard disk. I wanted to look for a good branded hard disk enclosure but couldn't find any. Now i am thinking of going for external hard disk if i cannot find a good enclosure.
Did anyone have bad experience with their hard drive enclosure, can anybody suggest me a good branded one.

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
guyz can someone please reply. Many ppl have advised me to stay away from cheap local made enclosures which will fail easily. Is that true. I still want to buy an internal HDD because the price difference between internal n external is almost like 1.5K.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i don't advice cheap enclosures for 3.5" hdd & good quality ones+hdd cost almost same as buying external hdd.also in my opinion it is better to use 3.5" hdd inside a pc like it is supposed to reason being 3.5" hdd is more prone to damage because of its design & power requirements compared to a 2.5" hdd.my suggestion is get a 2.5" hdd if you are planning to transfer large amount of data frequently & if you are looking for storage then simply use 3.5" hdd internally.

Top Bottom