need the best possible PC for 60,000/-

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Fan Position:

TOP: 2 X 120mm exhaust.
FRONT: 1X120mm intake.
SIDE: 2X120mm intake.

the fan at the back, use it at front. this should offer some good cooling. or can fillup all the holes with fans but thats not necessary. 4+1 fan will be more than enough.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
@all
do you think it is a good idea to recommend wd black hdd over cheaper and better performing seagate ones?(source tomshardware storage charts)
if op wants speed,
nothing can beat samsung spinpoint f3 as of now

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Fan Position:

TOP: 2 X 120mm exhaust.
SIDE: 2X120mm intake.

the fan at the back, use it at front. this should offer some good cooling. or can fillup all the holes with fans but thats not necessary. 4+1 fan will be more than enough.

why is it necessary to use the rear fan in the front?should i use an exhaust at the rear?..also will it be enough if i use this arrangement-
TOP: 1 X 120mm exhaust.
SIDE: 1X120mm intake.
what kind of fans should i buy? branded or any generic ones?how much will a fan cost?(a basic, unbranded/branded non-LED fan)

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
why isn't dell ultrasharp u2311h@13k make to the list of recommendations here?
this monitor is the most vfm performance monitor for any animation student!

mavihs

Techie By Heart
i'll think about the graphics card at the time of buying...i am not going with the elite 430 as it costs rs.500 more than the nzxt gamma & is actually a bit smaller than the Gamma...could you please tell me how i should place the fans- the gamma's cooling system is- front- 1x 120mm, side- 2x120mm, top- 2x120mm, rear- 1x120mm(this is included, though i do not know if it is intake or exhaust)....i am thinking of adding 1 each at the front, side & top, but i do not know which fans to place where.the included rear fan is 23db/42CFM.so should i look for fans similar to this or does the intake fans need to be of a higher CFM than the exhaust fans?
go to CM site check the cabby....it can accommodate two 5970's!!! also go for some higher CFM fans!
@all
do you think it is a good idea to recommend wd black hdd over cheaper and better performing seagate ones?(source tomshardware storage charts)
if op wants speed,
link plzz!
+1

fatalcore

Journeyman
I personally feel elite 430 is better....somewhat

Gamma is good.....but cm better ( if you plan wisely ) ....

I will suggest you to buy a corsair Hydro cooling system for your system & get the 430.

To me.....sound really matters the most....6 fan will ring your ears at silent night after one year.

Watching movie at 2 am at night and the CPU fans creating noise at pin of silence in the movie is not acceptable to me.

(All the comments are Personal choice)

Utilize your funds wisely......70K is a hell lot of money....
:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why is it necessary to use the rear fan in the front?should i use an exhaust at the rear?..also will it be enough if i use this arrangement-
TOP: 1 X 120mm exhaust.
SIDE: 1X120mm intake.
what kind of fans should i buy? branded or any generic ones?how much will a fan cost?(a basic, unbranded/branded non-LED fan)

nothing like that. you surely can use any fan at the front. actually you not need so much exhaust fans. 2 exhaust, 3 intake will be more than enough.

Spinpoint F4 beats the F3. but F4 comes in a 320Gb size currently. F3 Spinpoint falls between WDC Blue & Black, but consumes power as low as Green.

I will suggest you to buy a corsair Hydro cooling system for your system & get the 430.

To me.....sound really matters the most....6 fan will ring your ears at silent night after one year.

Watching movie at 2 am at night and the CPU fans creating noise at pin of silence in the movie is not acceptable to me.

(All the comments are Personal choice)

Utilize your funds wisely......70K is a hell lot of money....
:)

what about the motherboard, graphics card? hydro cool them too? also water cooling is not so easy. and even if water cooled, only the processor will be cooled. for proper cooling, extra fans will be necessary.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

i am planning to buy this samsung 23" monitor- LINK don't want to spend more than 10-11k...so i think this one fits the bill...

go to CM site check the cabby....it can accommodate two 5970's!!! also go for some higher CFM fans!

As i said..elite is costlier....since i'll be adding extra fans anyway...i am going with the gamma

is it really going to be that bad? i currently have a zebronics antibiotic with three fans(all stock) & it is 2 years old & so far i haven't had any sound problems.

nothing like that. you surely can use any fan at the front. actually you not need so much exhaust fans. 2 exhaust, 3 intake will be more than enough.

Spinpoint F4 beats the F3. but F4 comes in a 320Gb size currently. F3 Spinpoint falls between WDC Blue & Black, but consumes power as low as Green.

so how is this arrangement-
Front -1 Intake
Side -2 Intake
Rear & Top -1 Exhaust

BTW, how much is the spinpoint F3 @500gb going to cost?if its the same or lower to WD Black..i might consider it.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Spinpoint F3 (stay away from F3 EcoGreen) costs ~1.9k for 500Gb.

so its actually quite less than WD Black.i've never used any HDD other than seagate & WD....is Samsung reliable?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Yes, very few people have HDDs other than Seagate or WD (In kolkata it's mostly seagate). With the kind of products I have used recently from Samsung, I don't trust them anymore. Better keep a backup of your Important renderings (Even if you use WD).

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Make sure you check the exact model number with samsung website. F2, F3, F4, spinPoint, ecoGreen, it can get confusing.

fatalcore

Journeyman
^Sam.Shab

Sam i know that hydro will only cool the processor,
on the other hand , u will needs fans to cool the NB/GPU etc etc...
but with proper set up of the PSU cables and using hydro the motherboard will be more specious u cant deny that.
and then instead of so many fans he can go with few less fans .. elite 430 is good looking too....
I was just thinking of the sound 6 fans will produce after 1.5 years.....

there is nothing to fight bro, :) its just an alternative. thats all.

And installing hydro is not a rocket science ! :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes the cable management will be less but there will come a new kind of management. PIPE MANAGEMENT :grin:

sound will be a problem. you get a ordinary fan, after 1.5days it'll make sound. get a good fan after 1.5yrs it'll make sound. get top of line fan, they'll make less sound but they cost a premium. Conclusion: get as many less fans as possible. more fans = a controller needed.

F2 was bad. buggy. just avoid F2 at all cost. F3 is a good one.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

yes the cable management will be less but there will come a new kind of management. PIPE MANAGEMENT :grin:

sound will be a problem. you get a ordinary fan, after 1.5days it'll make sound. get a good fan after 1.5yrs it'll make sound. get top of line fan, they'll make less sound but they cost a premium. Conclusion: get as many less fans as possible. more fans = a controller needed.

guess i'll just add a single fan on all sides then.....my antibiotic with 3 fans is two years old & has no sound problems.so i don't think 4 fans will be any worse.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

ok so i finally bought the PC. Config & Prices-

1.Phenom X6 1055T - Rs10,100/-
2.MSI 890 GXM G65 - Rs.7000/-
3.G.Skill 1600Mhz "Ripjaws" 2x2gb Kit - Rs.5300/-
4.MSI GTX 470 - Rs.19,000/-
5.Corsair 550Vx PSU - Rs.4800/-
6.WD Black 500Gb - Rs.3200/-
7.NZXT Gamma - Rs.2100/-
8.Hp 22x DVD-Rw - Rs.1100/-
9.Benq G2420HD - Rs.11,300/-
10.Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard - Rs.500/-

Also bought 2 Non-Led 120 mm fans from Cooler Master for Rs.400/-
& a Red LED 120 mm fan from Cooler Master for Rs.450/-

The total equals to - Rs.65,250/-

And finally a logitech MOMO racing wheel for Rs.3900/- making the grand total to Rs.69,150

All products are from PrimeAbGb.

Once again, thank you all for helping me purchase this PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
that was a nice one. congrats. well should have went with the GTX460. still GTX470 + some good cooling should be no problem. & finally, the pricing is excellent buddy. you definitely saved around 2-3k. maybe more. the above with or without tax?

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

that was a nice one. congrats. well should have went with the GTX460. still GTX470 + some good cooling should be no problem. & finally, the pricing is excellent buddy. you definitely saved around 2-3k. maybe more. the above with or without tax?

Its the total price....inclusive of all taxes.:)

Top Bottom