Need suggestions on upgrading my cpu

Soumodip

Right off the assembly line
Hi all

I am thinking of upgrading my cpu.
My current config. is: ASUS M5A78L-M LE, 4GB DDR3 1333(sm crap company),AMD PHENOM II X2 560 BE 3.2 GHz, WD 500GB HDD(nt sure abt d RPM), ZEBRONICS 450W PSU.
i want to buy a nvidia gtx 460. What are all the changes dat shud be made.

Thanks in advance.

OP
S

Soumodip

change PSU. thats it. btw how much are you selling out for the GPU?

All right ,I'll change the PSU , could you suggest me which brands or specific models I should go for? also should I change the RAM and go for 8gb 1600 mhz ? if so, then which RAM brands are the best at the moment?

Thanks.

Tell us the reason why you want to upgrade?

I have no GPU installed atm on my system, I'd like to have my PC in such a condiotion that I don't have to upgrade it again for at least till the next year.

change PSU. thats it. btw how much are you selling out for the GPU?

My GPU budget is around 15K.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
15k for GPU only or GPU + PSU? in case you don't want to sell out more for psu, get HD6850 + Corsair GS600. or you may get HD6870 also if you can stretch your budget slightly.

OP
S

Soumodip

15k for GPU only or GPU + PSU? in case you don't want to sell out more for psu, get HD6850 + Corsair GS600. or you may get HD6870 also if you can stretch your budget slightly.

15k for the GPU alone. Is the HD6870 better than GTX 460?
nvivdia will hav its Physx I will miss it in the HD6870. Does the 6870 has a better performance than the GTX 460? Or does it all comes down to your brand preference? Please help.

Thanks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ it's performs better than GTX 460 ;-)

for the PSU get Corsair GS600 @ 4k and GTX 560 Ti ( for Physx support ) / HD6950 ( for a little more fps ) @ ~15k ;-)

OP
S

Soumodip

^^ it's performs better than GTX 460 ;-)

for the PSU get Corsair GS600 @ 4k and GTX 560 Ti ( for Physx support ) / HD6950 ( for a little more fps ) @ ~15k ;-)

I have a monitor having res 1440x900. So I think fps wont be a huge problem for me. Or will it be? I think I will go for The GTX 560 Ti it is in my budget.Thanks for the advice.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for that resolution even a sub ~10k card would be enough but as the future games will be more resouirce hungry it's good to opt for a much powerful mid range card.

If you are opting for GTX 560 Ti then opt for a factory OCed and Dual fan card like GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II / Hawk ;-)

OP
S

Soumodip

for that resolution even a sub ~10k card would be enough but as the future games will be more resouirce hungry it's good to opt for a much powerful mid range card.

If you are opting for GTX 560 Ti then opt for a factory OCed and Dual fan card like GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II / Hawk ;-)

Thanks a lot buddy :smile:

Top Bottom