• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Need suggestions for UPS

Morpheus

Broken In
Hello,

My current UPS's battery isn't able to handle the load after power cut and shuts off within 15 seconds. I think the battery has gone bad. Now I want to get a new and better UPS for my PC.

I have 650w PSU and power consumption is around 400-450 watts at load according to my calculations. Assuming that power cut occurs when my system is at full load consuming 450 watts and I want 15-20 min backup time, what are my UPS purchase options? Also, it would be better if you could mention the price as well. :) My budget is 3-4k.

Thanks.

drkks

Banned
I have an APC UPS 1100 VA which costed me Rs. 4800. It gives me backup of 15-20 minutes on full load. Best part is the after sales service. The service engineer comes at your doorstep and if your UPS is faulty, they replace it with a standby there and then itself. The warranty period is 2 years. IMO, go with APC :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Op - you can change the battery but it's too old get a new APC 1/1.1 KVA UPS as suggested.

Top Bottom