Need suggestions for decent SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
My iBox Grabit power supply gave up the ghost last night, after a spectacular display of fireworks, fumes and sound. Was asleep (whilst my PC downloaded South Park episodes and re-encoded some flight videos to xvid) and woke up to the crackling just in time to catch the show.

Need suggestions for a new one.
Which one is good and won't burn a hole in my pocket? Or burn my house down, like the iBox SMPS almost did :lol:

Keith

theraven

Technomancer
powersafe 400w rs 1500 ard or less
get a 500 if u can afford it

btw congrats
"i" series suck
and so does its PSU
so good thing it busted

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
For the kind of setup you have i would also recommend the powersafe brand but the 500W SMPS. I feel its better to have an overhead as things are not working their top limit. Also see if you can get topower smps 450W i am using two of them and they work well.

geek_rohit

In the zone
No kidding even my iBox power supply went kaboom in only its second day. :shock:
And as raven and pradeep said, get atleast 400W or better if you get 500W
PS:Nice description of the blow-up process. :lol:

OP
K

Keith Sebastian

Padawan
Powersafe , Topower. Will check prices. Should get a discount equal to value of the iBox SMPS (as dealer agreed to replace it free of cost)

What about Zebronics? Have seen this name mentioned a lot on these forums.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Zebronics is also ok and costs less than the two other brands (Rs 1500 for 500W in bangalore). But i personally feel it comes third in the list so keep it as a last option.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Don't buy from powersafe or VIP.
Powersafe should be same as L&C abroad which is not recommended to buy and in the not recommended list of some site i think as well.

Also,400watts from powersafe is aobut 1800 is think from kunhar,was atleast + taxes .

Go for antec,atleast 350watts though 400 and up is definetly preferable.

exclusive of taxes and transport

in delih
450 should be available for above 4000
about 4100-4200

OP
K

Keith Sebastian

Padawan
Akshayt - I'm looking for power supply only, not case included. If those prices are for powersupplies only, then I guess they're too bloody expensive.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
finally a 45watts antec smartpower ppowersupply alone should cost about 4200 in dleih without the case that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom