Need Suggestions for buying a Graphic card

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
Hi cilus,
I have mentioned 2 PSU ,because they are in my budget and i cannot go above 4,500 rs(max).I haven't compared the PSU with gpu model no.

I have seen some posts in which there are comments about the processor.They said that the computer processor also limits the GPU and that's why i want to know about how much better GPU i can opt according to my current processor.
That's my question.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
depending on the cpu and your screen resolution you can go with HD6790 but better would be HD6850 by spending ~1-1.2k more ;-)

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
One info about current generation comparable cards from nVIDIA(5xx) & AMD (6xxx) seeing various gaming results

for comparable gaming performance nvidia consumes more power but producess less heat(thus less noise)

for AMD it is opposite so you can run comparable performing AMD card with a less capacity PSU , but it will produce more heat

P.S. this is a observation

@ op you should atleast consider a 6850 or 6870

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
My friend bought HIS 6670 1gb ddr5 yesterday @5.9k .:))
Thanks guys for the suggestion of 6670 for my friend.:-D

One of my friend wants to buy a new computer.His budget is around 35k.He doesn't tell me about GPU requirment,maybe he can increase his budget for that later.
The thing he told me that He wants a stylish Cabinet and a quad core processor.
I have suggested him to go with AMD FX 4100 @3.6ghz as processor and a Gigabyte GA-880GM mobo and NZXT Guardian 921 RB as cabby as it is very stylish. Total cost of these three will be around 15.6K.
Monitor i suggested him is of Dell(18.5'),Ram 4gb Corsair,PSU Corsair gs 600(as i am also buying it :)),keyboard +Mouse of logitech and atx ups+lg dvd writer+250 gb hdd(all this around 19k) .He already has speakers of Intex 4.1 ,3000 W.so the grand total is 34.6 k.

I want your suggestions so that he can buy what he wants and also at a suitable price.PLease suggest some more stylish Cabby which also provide good cooling(if it is better than my suggestion) and processor suggestions.You can also provide me suggestions for other pc parts also if you have a better and cheap suggestion than of mine.

Thanks and Reply soon,
nx112

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, don't tell him to go for AMD FX-4100. It is overpriced and in reality slower than Phenom II X4 955 BE.

Buy this - Phenom II X4 955 BE + Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 Rev 3.1 (black AM3+ socket)

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
Thanks "ico" for your suggestion.
Any other suggestion Guys??

My friend is going to purchase in 2-3 days.So if you people have any suggestion better than i suggested him please tell me ASAP.

Thank,
nr112

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
My friend is buying the PC today :).He booked the cabby online.Rest from the local shop.
Thanks "ico" for your suggestion.We are going with your one.

Regards,
nx112

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
I bought HIS 6850 for 9.4k yesterday.
Thanks Guys specially Topgear.

I haven't installed it because Haven't got new SMPS yet (i haven't ordered it yet).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought HIS 6850 for 9.4k yesterday.
Thanks Guys specially Topgear.

I haven't installed it because Haven't got new SMPS yet (i haven't ordered it yet).

^^ congrats ;-)

mention the model no. of the card and take some pics of the card for us ;-)

Top Bottom