Need suggestions For A Work/Play Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Ans:<= 50K(Want to get the best VFM Laptop in the segment)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Ans:14 to 16 inch

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Ans:Browsing, Movies, and occasional gaming

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Ans: No preference.But would like one with good warranty(extendable if possible) and ASS.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Ans: No

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Ans: Screen resolution ( Full HD)
Battery back up (3-4hrs)

if possible, i would like suggestions having backlit keyboard for night time use and also having option for expandable memory

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

Last edited:
OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Nothing good in that price range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, what should be the price range to include above?. Alternatively could you suggest something with just os installed and remaining as you suggested?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Can anyone at least suggest some good forums / sites for laptop reviews? I still have not found any thing yet.

A

amit.tiger12

Why no one replied??

There was post for laptop of every budget and pros cons, can't find it now.

Meanwhile do some research..

*forum.digit.in/laptops-netbooks/169201-guide-laptop-hardware-aftermarket.html

Can anyone at least suggest some good forums / sites for laptop reviews? I still have not found any thing yet.

NotebookReview.com | Notebook Reviews - Laptop Reviews and Netbook New

Is good site for review check it...

rakeshhkuma90

Journeyman
Check this:
Asus A555LF-XO257T Core i3 (5th Gen) - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Window 10/2 GB Graphics)

Intel 5th Gen
NVIDIA GeForce 930M
1TB HDD
Window 10

Asus A555LF-XO257T Smc Internationa

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Check this:
Asus A555LF-XO257T Core i3 (5th Gen) - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Window 10/2 GB Graphics)

Intel 5th Gen
NVIDIA GeForce 930M
1TB HDD
Window 10

Asus A555LF-XO257T Smc Internationa

Thanks but i need something with Full HD display, backlit keyboard, i5 processor, 4 gb ram, 2GB GPU, 1 TB HDD and pre-installed windows 10. You know any such model?

krish1997

Broken In
my suggestion go for amd laptop and best is
Lenovo ideapad 500 80K40038IH 15.6-inch Laptop (AMD-A10-8700P/ 8GB/ 1TB/ 2GB Graphics/ Windows 10),Black
it has 1080p display and Yes, it is perfect for Mid-Level gaming. Even you can compare it with up to 5th Generation Intel core i5.
(it can run games like fall out4 and gta v under low and mid settings)
There are some options available in AMD A-Series processors where you can use the Dual Graphics (Integrated+Dedicated) with some models of the Radeon Series.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
my suggestion go for amd laptop and best is
Lenovo ideapad 500 80K40038IH 15.6-inch Laptop (AMD-A10-8700P/ 8GB/ 1TB/ 2GB Graphics/ Windows 10),Black
it has 1080p display and Yes, it is perfect for Mid-Level gaming. Even you can compare it with up to 5th Generation Intel core i5.
(it can run games like fall out4 and gta v under low and mid settings)
There are some options available in AMD A-Series processors where you can use the Dual Graphics (Integrated+Dedicated) with some models of the Radeon Series.
I think lenovo has stopped this model. Their site says it's no longer available. Any ways it's available in amazon. Any idea on how good is the battery and keypad?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks but i need something with Full HD display, backlit keyboard, i5 processor, 4 gb ram, 2GB GPU, 1 TB HDD and pre-installed windows 10. You know any such model?

I don't think any such model is available from any major brands in India below 50k.In fact even if you extend your budget by a bit the models you will get may not be what you expect.Read reviews here to get some idea:
Amazon.in:Customer Reviews: Lenovo Z51-70 80K600VWIN 15.6-inch Laptop (i5-5200U/8GB/1 TB/Win 10/AMD TROPO XT2 DDR3L 4G), (Black

I don't know what exactly you are going to require an i5 for but i can tell you that unless you plan on doing some serious encoding using x264/265 or running some 1-2 virtual machines most of the time or doing some serious 3d/image rendering, an i5 is not of much use to an avg person.You are better buying off a cheap reasonable budget laptop for ~33k,replace its hdd with ssd,increase ram,get a good 22"-23" full HD monitor & overall experience will be much better.

A

amit.tiger12

^x265 codec needs 6th gen Intel for better faster encoding, don't know about AMD.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I don't think any such model is available from any major brands in India below 50k.In fact even if you extend your budget by a bit the models you will get may not be what you expect.Read reviews here to get some idea:
Amazon.in:Customer Reviews: Lenovo Z51-70 80K600VWIN 15.6-inch Laptop (i5-5200U/8GB/1 TB/Win 10/AMD TROPO XT2 DDR3L 4G), (Black

I don't know what exactly you are going to require an i5 for but i can tell you that unless you plan on doing some serious encoding using x264/265 or running some 1-2 virtual machines most of the time or doing some serious 3d/image rendering, an i5 is not of much use to an avg person.You are better buying off a cheap reasonable budget laptop for ~33k,replace its hdd with ssd,increase ram,get a good 22"-23" full HD monitor & overall experience will be much better.

I am not going to do any heavy lifting with my laptop.It will be majorly used for lots of browsing & movies and occasional games.I wanted an i5 & discrete gpu because i wanted to future proof it.After spending last couple of days searching for such a model i also realize that we don't get good models in that budget here. I am prepared to compromise on CPU & GPU but still i want full HD on 15 inch with good battery backup and excellent keyboard preferably backlit as i travel. It also needs to be rugged and should handle a little rough treatment. Can you suggest any good models?

A

amit.tiger12

Future proof = newer gen parts..
Intel 6th gen, gtx 10 series etc. looks for that.
You can't get everything you need to compromise in some, give priority like cpu first then gpu etc, it will help you.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I got these 3 after going through HP site. Anybody have any experience with these models?

*www.hpshopping.in/Compare?ProductIds=67248,66998,66999&typ= /laptops

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Online Shopping India Mobile, Cameras, Lifestyle & more Online @ Flipkart.co

i5-5th gen

this one is 14 inch but has backlit keyboard.

14 inch but has backlit keyboard.

No backlit but 15" 1080p with GT940 i3 5th gen

PS: I have no clue about the quality of any of them. I just checked the specs and posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom