Need suggestions for a gaming/editing computer build for Rs 50,000/-

OP
S

shebz7

Broken In
Visited cost to cost in nehru place yesterday and these are the concerns

I am not increasing my budget (the 5% vat has already increased the budget now) and will be going with the 6300k - Is the an easily overclockable Processor ???
Now availability is a concern and the MOBO i am getting is ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 which is believe is a lower version and i should not go for it right ??
On the ram i am getting corsair vengeance instead of gskil ripjaws ?? what should i do as googling reveals that corsairs are bit taller and might hinder cpu coolers - is that so ??
On the HDD i am getting 1 TB WD green instead of blue ?? as per wd's website this seems to be a better choice right ?
On the graphic card 7850 is 3k cheaper should i go for that if it's not going to be too big of a compromise ?
PSU available is CORRSAIR VS 550 SMPS is this good or i should order antec or seasonic online ??

DVD drive available is HP ... which i don't think must be an issue or should i insist on asus and wait for it.

I am not increasing my budget (the 5% vat has already increased the budget now) and will be going with the 6300k - Is the an easily overclockable Processor ???
Now availability is a concern and the MOBO i am getting is ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 which is believe is a lower version and i should not go for it right ??
On the ram i am getting corsair vengeance instead of gskil ripjaws ?? what should i do as googling reveals that corsairs are bit taller and might hinder cpu coolers - is that so ??
On the HDD i am getting 1 TB WD green instead of blue ?? as per wd's website this seems to be a better choice right ?
On the graphic card 7850 is 3k cheaper should i go for that if it's not going to be too big of a compromise ?
PSU available is CORRSAIR VS 550 SMPS is this good or i should order antec or seasonic online ??

DVD drive available is HP ... which i don't think must be an issue or should i insist on asus and wait for it.

> FX 6300 is a good processor and can be easily overclocked.

> Avoid Asus m5a97 le r2.0. If asus m5a97 r2.0 isn't available, then get Gigabyte 970A DS3. Don't compromise with the motherboard.

> Vengance is equally good. It hinders with the cpu cooler if you install an aftermarket cpu cooler. With stock cooler, you are fine.

> Avoid Green as your primary drive. get WD blue or seagate barracuda. Go with seagate if wd blue isn't available.

> 7870 is LOT better than 7850. try to get 7870, else GTX 660.

> Corsair's VS series isn't very good and is not at all ment for powerful PC's. Get Seasonic S12II or antec.

> no big deal with optical drive.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

fx 6300 can be overclocked very easily. if you can only find asus LE , then get this Buy Online ECS A970M-A-Deluxe 32GB DDR3 AMD Motherboard in india. it is a very good mobo at that price point.it has 6 phase vrm design and is a good choice over gigabyte/msi 970 chipset based mobo and asus le .
vengeance is very good indeed,corsair's rma service is also very good,so you can go with it easily. since the mobo has 4 ram slots and when you use only 2 rams slots in dual channel or one ram in single channel, vengeance height does not matter. So no problem with good cpu coolers.if you use 4 ram slots(think yourself whether it is needed or not) , height will matter for big cpu coolers .
go for wd blue at any cost. it is easily available in many shops. If you cant find one , then visit some other shops, atleast one of them will have it. go for 7870 only. it is very good indeed. Try to get 7870 xt or gtx 660 at cheaper rate(not recommended over 7870). I dont suggest to go for 7850.
dont go for vs 550. order seasonic online. you should get the 520w unit since you may overclock.
odd does matter much only if you are using it too much,that is a why asus is suggested by most. so no problem in going for hp also .you can go for asus if you are heavily reading and writing cd,dvd etc

Last edited:
OP
S

shebz7

Broken In
Thanks for the replies harshil and rijinpk1
I think i will have to buy parts from different places as from your suggestions it looks like compromise is not an option and i will have to search deeply for the mother board. Gigabyte 970A DS3 is a cheaper board than le r2.0 and i assume it might be not good enough besides i'd rather buy asus boards than gigabyte ...as i have a bad history with this company.

Also i will save up some money and go buy the 7870 card

Thanks again for all the help ..will go hunting again next week and update here

Cheers

OP
S

shebz7

Broken In
GAMEMAX official website | Precenting radiation,enjoying playing-9603

ON SALE! - NZXT CABINET VULCAN M - Rs.3,399 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

How are these cabinets .. will they fit my config

Processor Fx 6300 7290
Mobo asus m5 a97 r2.0 6790
Ram Corssair Vengence 8gb 5190
HDD WD Blue 1 TB 3990
Graphic Card amd ati hd 7870 16790 ( need clarity on this as cost to cost gave me this quote and said it was saphire company but i dont think its available at that price anywhere and they are not sure about the model number )
PSU Corsair vs 550 or cx 500 (if i get this one) - 3000-4000
DVD HP 1150
Monitor dell s2240l - 8752
Basic logitech multimedia combo - 800
Cabinet available is gamemax one ...link shared in the first line - for 3500

Total - 58252
vat 5% - 61164

ON SALE! - NZXT CABINET VULCAN M - Rs.3,399 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

Processor Fx 6300 7290
HDD WD Blue 1 TB 3990
Graphic Card amd ati hd 7870 16790 ( need clarity on this as cost to cost gave me this quote and said it was saphire company but i dont think its available at that price anywhere and they are not sure about the model number )
DVD HP 1150

Total - 58252
vat 5% - 61164

> NZXT valcan m is a uATX case. this may create space problems and poor cable management.

> Skip that PSu and get Seasonics S12II 520 W.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR

Processor Fx 6300 7290
HDD WD Blue 1 TB 3990
DVD HP 1150

Total - 58252
vat 5% - 61164

I think the 7870 is available for 15.5k easily. 7870 GHz Version is 16.5k

OP
S

shebz7

Broken In
What ?? :confused: I think you Quoted wrong post

Yes OP that game will easily run on this rig in mid-high setting

I am sorry ankush but i's you who have misread it here
I was asking about the cabinet from gamemax and if it will be suitable for my rig ??
See the below link

Get Corsair 300R and be happy for your entire life :toast:

Hi Harshil now you have brought in a new angle to my confusions :p hehe
I wanted to be a cheapster and go for the gamemax cabinet whose link i had share in my earlier post

now i will have to look into finding this corsair 300r and what will it cost me

I am sorry ankush but i's you who have misread it here
I was asking about the cabinet from gamemax and if it will be suitable for my rig ??
See the below link

Hi Harshil now you have brought in a new angle to my confusions :p hehe
I wanted to be a cheapster and go for the gamemax cabinet whose link i had share in my earlier post

now i will have to look into finding this corsair 300r and what will it cost me

Not sure about the gamemax cabinet, but if you want a cheaper cabinet, get NZXT gamma available for 2600.

I don't like the look of gamma and also that it does not have the usb 3 port in front on it

See, you cannot get everything in a budget. you need to compromise on something. And as fas as front USB 3 ports go, there are aftermarket USB 3.0 ports available that you can attach in 5.25" bay. Look on eBay.

Top Bottom