Need suggestions for 8 GB Pen Drive

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys, I want to buy a new 8 GB Pen drive so wanted to check with you all which brand is best to go for. I currenlty have two Transcen Pen Drives one is 2 GB and the other 4 GB.

I have heard that Corsair is good brand.

Kindly suggest which one to go for.

malay24

Broken In
Go for sandisk. It is the best value for money.
see this link for price
Pen Drives Price List in India | Flipkart

jsjs

Journeyman
Kingston is also a good brand, but san disk is more vfm. For ex san disk 4gb is rs480, kingston 4gb is rs550, and sony will be rs725

Sarath

iDota
For some reason the transend ones I have have always served me better than the Sandisk one. But I still prefer Sandisk as I think they make the best quality memory.

I have:
1 16GB Sony Stick
2 8GB Transend
1 8GB Sandisk
1 8GB Sandisk (died)
1 256MB [vintage drive]

Stick to the good brands. Sandisk, Transcend, Kingston etc.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Also I remember there is an option wherein you can use the Pen Drive as RAM if you have Windows Vista as OS. Is this true?

Anish

Spectre
Also I remember there is an option wherein you can use the Pen Drive as RAM if you have Windows Vista as OS. Is this true?

Yes. Option peeps up when you insert any storage media via the USB port in windows 7.

Also try this link dude... sony 8gb pendrive @ INR799+shipping

jsjs

Journeyman
Thats readyboost and it actually doesnt consider the pen drive a RAM instead uses it in the manner of a pagefile

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
best brands
sandisk
transcend
kingston
flash voyager

its a windows ready boost feature (started with windows vista & now in windows 7)
Btw it just make page file in pendrive...so that virtual memory is optimized
making execution faster (recommended when user has less RAM)

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Too be really honest I wasn't going beyond the below brands
1. Transcend
2. Kingston
3. Corsair
4. Sandisk

Only thing was if given an option which one should I go for. The one I know least or used very little among the four listed above is Sandisk. Though I have Sandisk Memory stick for my digital camera never used one as pen drive. Mostly used Transcend and Kingston.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Too be really honest I wasn't going beyond the below brands
1. Transcend
2. Kingston
3. Corsair
4. Sandisk

Only thing was if given an option which one should I go for. The one I know least or used very little among the four listed above is Sandisk. Though I have Sandisk Memory stick for my digital camera never used one as pen drive. Mostly used Transcend and Kingston.

flash voyager is also a good brand makes waterproof,shockproof pendrives

bongourav

Broken In
I am also looking to buy an 8GB pen drive.
Letsbuy is offering Strontium 8GB pendrive for Rs 500 /-
I want to know how's the brand Strontium as I have never used it before?

If not Strontium, how about HP ?

Top Bottom