Need suggestion for graphics card - Budget 20k

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
For GTX 1060, after 82°C it will begin throttling and 94°C is the max it can get. Zotac cards aren't really great at cooling.

OP
R

Reloaded

In the zone
Did you change the GPU Fan Curve ? The stock fan curve doesn't push the fan to spin at 100% unless it reaches 85c.
Apparently, for a CPU that might be a high temperature but for GPUs that's very common. GPUs tend to run a lot hotter than CPUs.
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about temps unless it stays at 80c and above for a very long duration.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note : I have GTX1060 with Dual Fans. The things idles at 38-39c and hits 67-68c under very heavy load, despite the fact that fan hits 100% at 60c and there is lots of air inside the cabinet.
If I keep default fan curve then it'll hit 70's quite often.

Ok thanks. I tested it with some other games also like the evil within and quantum break, temp wasn't going above 65°C .Fan cure is at default i haven't done anything to that. Incase the temp goes too much i just remove the lid of the cabinate and temp falls down around 60°C.
Overall i like the graphics card, lot of improvement from my gt 520 1gb.

To check temp i use speccy Speccy - Free Download - Pirifor and also HWMonitor just to crosscheck if it accurate.

Hrishi

Ok thanks. I tested it with some other games also like the evil within and quantum break, temp wasn't going above 65°C .Fan cure is at default i haven't done anything to that. Incase the temp goes too much i just remove the lid of the cabinate and temp falls down around 60°C.
Overall i like the graphics card, lot of improvement from my gt 520 1gb.

To check temp i use speccy Speccy - Free Download - Pirifor and also HWMonitor just to crosscheck if it accurate.
Actually the temps also depend of Boost 3.0 clocks. Some game do stress the gpu a lot than others. 65-70c peak is very good temp actually.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom