Need some help- MSC racing wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

premrajeev

Journeyman
hey.

I had picked up an MSC force racing wheels with pedals from a junk depot at a nominal price.It was a box packed, showroom condition one, with a not working label marked on it. I just opend the case and found that the adaptor was burnt, so just plugged a new adaptor in and ALAS..it was working perfectly.

Now..It has only a driver floppy which contained win98 drivers only, and i was running it on win98. The wheel works perfectly on nfs hot pursuit, NFSHS and some other old games, but the new games : nfsug and others , the wheel is not working perfectly..is this due to the driver ? i have checked and it works on the old games..also, this is not recognised in winxp. i have checked driverguide for a driver for msc gamewheel, but msc is not listed in driverguide. Also, the case shows a websitename : www.vintion.com, which is not available now.

what should i do ?

2 days back, the belt which drives the motor and the wheel broke, so where i will get a replacement for the same ?

pls gimme some feedback. :(

Looks like you're on your own. If the wheel was manufactured in the Win 98 era, and then the company ceased to exist, you won't find any drivers/driver updates for later OS's. Also the chances of this unit working with newer games is very slim.

Unless you know somebody who can write a new driver........ :lol:

Why not try making the wheel work with drivers from other popular makes. You have nothing to lose (except time :wink: ).Who knows it might just work.

Keith

Or if you want to experiment, try opening the wheel and make your own connector that plugs into the joystick/game controller port. Here are some schematics to help you get started (hopefully) :lol: -

*www.monmouth.com/~lw4750/scmatic2.gif
*www.monmouth.com/~lw4750/scmatic3.gif
*www.monmouth.com/~lw4750/axis_switch.gif

Links -

*arcadecontrols.com/arcade_controls.shtml#Dann's%20Page
*www.monmouth.com/~lw4750/index.html

Here you can get detailed info on how to program your (joystick) controller -

*www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/mind.htm
*www.lancos.com/prog.html

Happy modding!
Keith

OP
P

premrajeev

Journeyman
hey Keith,

Thanks buddy, I'm definitely gonna try this. Afterall I'm an electronicx geek..Well but my wheel comes with lots of buttons on the steering ( directional keys and 4 other programable buttons) . Also the ineterface is SERIAL Port. That worked fine, even the force feedback was working superb with win98 nd given driver in NFS- Hot pursuit (NFS3) and NFSHS (NFS4)..

Also, as the belt is broken, i have to search for a new one, which seems impossible. This belt is toothed on oe side,and flat on the other side (like the belts which i have seen on kinetic honda ) ..

Well keep up your good work and keep posting any new comments on this..

Why not try to fix the belt with some Araldite (don't use cheap imitations).

Also, you will have to sacrifice force feedback and extra buttons, if you follow those connection diagrams.

-Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom