Need some advice for Buying a Phone.

sasuke

Broken In
I want to buy a Sony Xperia Play. I am not able to find this phone in stores in Mumbai. There are a few selling on Ebay but they are imported for US/UK devices. These phones come with seller warranty.

so i need your advice on:
1)How safe it is to buy an Unlocked phone from Ebay?

2)What is this seller warranty(i have heard unlocked phones warranty is not applicable in India) and is it useful? as some people say "seller warranty is equal to no warranty".

3)I found these 2 phones with lowest price on Ebay

(1) *www.ebay.in/itm/221036133130?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

(2) *www.ebay.in/itm/320921688932?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

the first one comes with a pouch and class 6 8GB SD card, the second one is low in price(i have sent them a msg asking what extra accessories they are providing.) Which one is a better pick?

If you know of any store in Mumbai or any website selling Xperia play with Indian warranty pls tell.

Thank you.

techlover

In the zone
i have always preferred a phone with manufactures warranty in India :)
but its your choice to choose seller warranty or not

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
The seller warranty is applicable here because the products are imported from US/UK so manufacturer warranty will not be applicable.
The seller warranty will only cover software issues, any hardware related issues has to be fixed by your own.
I myself purchased my iPhone 4 16GB Model from eBay with seller warranty as the phone was imported from UK, i contact Apple India & they said the warranty will only cover software issues and no hardware issues in India but overseas it will work.....

Till date its almost a year 8 Months and i didn't find any issue with my phone....if any hardware fault i have to pay from my own pocket......

so the final patch is that seller warranty is useless if any hardware vault comes.....

aroraanant

Explorer
Xperia Play has been discontinued I think, if you can find one in local market then it will cost you around 19-20k only that too with warranty.
Still if you wanna buy a phone with seller warranty then go for it.
Check the seller first, I have also got a few CDMA phone with seller warranty and they are working pretty fine

OP
S

sasuke

Broken In
i have asked few of my friends to look in some local shops in mumbai to see if its available there.
Btw i sent a msg to one of the seller and got the following response

1)Will i be able to avail its warranty in India? Who will take the responsiblity if there is a manufaturer defect?
If there is a manufacturer defect we will get it replaced / repaired for you

2)What if the unlock on the phone gets disabled due to some reason and phone gets locked??
We provide 12 months of warranty on software , if it gets locked we will get it unlocked for you for a little sum of 110 rupees

3)Do you provide any accessories like pouch and sd card with the phone?
Sorry only the accessories included in the box come with the phone nothing extra

4)Approximately how many days will it take the item to deliver after placing the order??
72 hours and shipping via BLUEDART

does the play come with a memory card? on gsmarena it says 8gb memory card included.
does anyone on the forums own this phone??
if anyone of you know where i can find this phone in mumbai, pls tell me, or else i may buy it from ebay.

Last edited:

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
forget the xperia play,very outdated...
get xperia sola instead ... if u find it for arnd 17k-18k its a steal...

Top Bottom