Need recommendation for a Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite having 640GB Hard Drive (WD6400AAKS) I am running short of space now (Its mostly filled with movies and music:)). I am looking for a new HDD. Definately I am looking for something between 750 GB - 1TB

(The reason I am not going for another 640GB HDD is because its prices are almost the same as it was when I purchased my rig (mid of august). I would have purchased another 640 GB at that time only but I thought let my first hard disk get full then i will purchase higher capacity hard disk spending the same amount)

3 Hard Drives I found impressive in terms of price as well as perfomance

1) WD1001FALS
2) WD7501AALS
3) WD7500AAKS

Any idea how much will these HDDs cost in Bombay Market? At this point of time

1) I don't consider worth spending more than 5000 bucks on 750GB HDD and
2) I don't consider worth spending more than 6000 bucks on 1TBHDD and

So out of this three hard disks which one do you suggest me keeping a good balance of price and perfomance?? (In today's market Segate and Samsung HDDs are not match compared Western Digital so I will not even look at it. Its Western Digital I would always go for :))

acewin

Point Blanc
Seagate 750GB SATA II with 32 MB Buffer is available in 4.4K + Taxes.
Still 640GB would be the best buy I bought one in 3.65 + Taxes in 700 bucks only 90GB increment not that worth check in MB/money ratio and you will know.

Seagate 750GB SATA II with 32 MB Buffer is available in 4.4K + Taxes.
Still 640GB would be the best buy I bought one in 3.65 + Taxes in 700 bucks only 90GB increment not that worth check in MB/money ratio and you will know.
Where ? When ?
What is the cost of lesser capacity drives btw ?

blackbird

Journeyman
The seagate 640 sata II 32mb model cost me 3 weeks before 4.1k
In mumbai lamigton road.

The WD 640 was cheap but i would say stay away because of Buffer size it consist or 8-16MB
buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom