Need phone buying suggestions

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^ Cant tell anything dude... One of my friends, bought the lava and was very much disappointed with it.. the touch gets damaged easily and soon.. Screen resolution sucks!! Look for samsung corby or similar phones..

Hi friends, I wanna buy htc wildfire s(white color) where can i buy online? I am very much afraid :mrgreen: of letsbuy.com after the experience of our fellow mate sarath. ebay is offering used phones (white color)..any other suggestions of online stores?
Thanks

There are three Amazon wannables in India... Flipkart, Indiaplaza and Infibeam... Then there is also new players like letsbuy and saholic...

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
Just get something from a good brand and that has good support structure. These el-cheapo phones are good on paper but nothing beats the reliability of top brands.

I agree with u somewhat... I bought the "SE Yendo" & didn't went for Lava A10 to just get the same Brand (SE - my fev.)
What I found a good phone in low range....(Touch ph in 5 k) the SE O/s is just ok... sound should give gr8 bcause it is walkman series...but found nothing gr8 like other walkman series. Touch performance is not up to the SE mark. Samsung low range touch performe better than this.

Any way... I tink I will switch to Samsung Wave - II

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Any way... I tink I will switch to Samsung Wave - II

Whoa! hold on buddy. Bada OS has already lost its shine. Stick to the droids. Even SYmbian S^3 Anna works better than Bada OS, has more apps built for it and C7 is much better phone.

I agree with u somewhat... I bought the "SE Yendo" & didn't went for Lava A10 to just get the same Brand (SE - my fev.)
What I found a good phone in low range....(Touch ph in 5 k) the SE O/s is just ok... sound should give gr8 bcause it is walkman series...but found nothing gr8 like other walkman series. Touch performance is not up to the SE mark. Samsung low range touch performe better than this.

I was referring to smartphones, not features phones. There are lot of feature phones from big brands that suck.

souravs

Broken In
One second, I'm in dilemma.Now Defy is available in 15k.It has a better resolution and bigger screen that help to read e-books.But motorola????Actually I'm hanging between O-1 and defy now.please rescue me.

bugsome

Broken In
One second, I'm in dilemma.Now Defy is available in 15k.It has a better resolution and bigger screen that help to read e-books.But motorola????Actually I'm hanging between O-1 and defy now.please rescue me.

Same here...I need to decide between Wildfire S,Optimus 1 and Defy.I am more inclined towards Htc, for a reputed brand than LG and Motorola.I really doubt the hw quality and ASS from LG and Motorola.But the price vs features difference is confusing me more

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Same here...I need to decide between Wildfire S,Optimus 1 and Defy.I am more inclined towards Htc, for a reputed brand than LG and Motorola.I really doubt the hw quality and ASS from LG and Motorola.But the price vs features difference is confusing me more

Go for Defy...

souravs

Broken In
But so many users post their poor experiences about defy in 'android forum'.

1.Has it(Motorola defy) document viewer and editor?
2.Can I upgrade OS from 2.2 to 2.3(now 2.1)?
3.Is it a trouble less phone?(ultimately it is Motorola also)

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

1. Doesn't matter. Document viewer and editor is an app. Download one from the market or use Google Docs app. There are many choices available...

2. Officially 2.3 is not available. But Gingerbread ROMs are available if you are adventurous enough...

3. Has excellent built quality, good screen... dust proof, water proof... IMO, @14.5k, Defy is value for money...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

If you have lot of doubts regarding Defy, then get W:S. I, personally, would've gone for Defy thanks to its specs and I do trust Motorola. They were dying not because of quality but due to lack of proper models.

souravs

Broken In
1. Doesn't matter. Document viewer and editor is an app. Download one from the market or use Google Docs app. There are many choices available...

2. Officially 2.3 is not available. But Gingerbread ROMs are available if you are adventurous enough...

3. Has excellent built quality, good screen... dust proof, water proof... IMO, @14.5k, Defy is value for money...

Does downloaded D.V support my own pdf files?bcos I downloaded a reader in my 5230,it doesn't show or support pdf file which is loaded from PC. If does,how is it be smooth?:lol:
need user opinion.Thanx.:smile:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Does downloaded D.V support my own pdf files?bcos I downloaded a reader in my 5230,it doesn't show or support pdf file which is loaded from PC. If does,how is it be smooth?:lol:
need user opinion.Thanx.:smile:

Ha ha ha ha... Nokia 5230 is a feature phone...

Defy is a Smartphone... It is like a powerful computer... You can very easily read pdf files using a variety of readers... Even the official Adobe Acrobat reader is available for free if you need.

PDFs have fixed formatting so you might have to do a fair bit of panning to read your documents. But it is very smooth... Don't worry about it...

My first PC in 1999 was a Pentium III 450 MHz and it had 128 MB RAM and 6.4 GB HDD...

Today, your Defy has a better, 800 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM and upto 32 GB of SD card support... Trust me, its really good...

Android is awesome...

Cheers!

OP
Anish

Anish

Spectre
I am again confused with the lowering of price of moto defy..
now, samsung ace got out of my mind... Its moto defy vs WS.
WS looks awesome, some say, touch response is excellent and it looks stylish,blue tooth 3.0,better os than defy and better camera.
But defy got 800mhz processor, large screen than WS and 16M colors compared to WS(256K color) so, i think its got better clarity than WS.
With these thoughts, when am I going to buy a phone and get rid of my symbian! Guys, please clear me...!

Top Bottom