need pc for gaming.. budget Rs.20000

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no offence d6bmg as you are right for most situations but not all regarding using cheap cabinets/psu.a processor like pentium g620 is effectively a 35W TDP processor having power consumption levels very close to i3 2100T.such a processor does not need a Rs.1900 400W FSP saga II psu or a Rs.1200 zebronics cabinet especially when coupled with a low power graphics card like 6570/6670.of couse if someone has the budget he can buy a seasonic 500W & NZXT source elite/coolermaster elite 430 for such a system but there is a difference between must haves & should haves within budget constraints.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
You are absolutely correct. :)
About the cabinet Zebronics bijli is the min choice which is @1.2K
And I'm telling everyone to avoid those PSUs because, actually those 400W psus are not 400watt. They are at max 200-250watt (if anyone checks current in 12V line, they will find out) and thus puts everything at risk.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i know but even the worst cheap psu should be able to provide ~50% of its rated wattage hence i suggested a cheap 550W psu which should be able to handle g620 & 6570/6670(some ppl here successfully ran their athlon II x4+6570/6670 system on vip 500w).as for cabinet zebronics bijli is very hard to find(couldn't find in nehru place except at one place where price was quoted 1700).main purpose of a good cabinet is to improve air flow using fans to keep temp low which is of no use in case of a low power/temp system like g620.however if someone can find bijli for 1200 then i think an extra 500 is worth it.:)

digitaltab

In the zone
well, first of all, sticking with budget along with a good configuration is important, i suggested cheap PSU doesn't mean that it is sure that they will damage your system, but this just increases the probability,
OP has a budget in which its impossible to configure a PC, and OP wants to stick with that budget. so i suggested a less reliable psu.
Not all people buy 4k PSU or 2K psu to handle their CPU, still they run games, i've too used a cheap 400W PSU(came inbuilt with my HCL desktop) on ati 4670 card, and overclocked and played successfully for a long time because the processor+card i suggested doen't require that much power. + however, i've already indicated OP to buy a branded PSU in my above reply in which i quoted cilus. so there remains no question on PSU suggestion.

and

I'm a bit late in replying to this thread as the original post was actually overlooked by me.

The same thing stated above goes with the selection of cabinet.

dude, OP has demanded a whole brand new PC in 20,000 and you are talking about cabinet selection, none of us can mention every component a branded one in that budget....
now please don't start thinking here of death adder/ mx518 for user...:shock::nanananana:

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
1. the place we live doesnot have much techno stuff. for example PSU s of unfamous brands may not be available. so please suggest commonly and widely available brands alone for all items....

2. only INTEL configurations please.

ou see, if you chose intel because of reason 1, then don't worry. AMD has reached far-fetched places too. And if not, you can buy it for him and parcel/courier/gift it to them. ^_^

Also, as all have been saying, AMD IS the best option for a budget that size.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't judge processors by synthetic benchmarks like Sysmark. If there is any synthetic benchmark which actually sort of comes close to giving the true picture, then it's Cinebench.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:gaming, basic internet usage, watching movies not necessarily HD.
"gaming" - what gaming? :)

Did you read the question?

"What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact.)"

and here is where all the confusion started.

Fill up the guide properly AGAIN and start a new thread. There is a reason why I revised that PC Configuration Questionnaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom