Need New PSU and Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSOD

Err.. what?
Recently my PSU failed due to some problem with the power supply in my area. It was a VIP 500W(sigh).
Also, I was looking for better cabinet ( from someone like Cooler Master, not something crappy like Zebronics's which I already own). I have set aside a sun of 5k for the two.
Advice?
Ps. Posting from my cell :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
hi mate

you can go with gigabyte superb 460 @ 2.2k for psu and coolermaster cm 335 @ 2.3k for cabinet

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Corsair VX 450 PSU & CoolerMaster 334/335 cabinet.
Both should come within your budget. If the Corsair is pricey you can get from equivalent PSU from Tagan.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ BSOD

If you can up your budget upto 6.4k then you can opt for what Cool G5 has suggested.
The vx450 is indeed a great psu & i even own one!
Tagan 500 u37 is also good and considerable if you cannot up your budget.

Krow

Crowman
CM Elite 334/5 @ 2.1k
Gigabyte 460W Superb @ 2.2k

Guys, have a look at his rig, this should be more than enough. If BSOD wishes to upgrade the whole rig later, ten its best if he gets a minimum of Cooler Master REAL Power Pro 460W @ 3.5k. Remember this is not CM Extreme but its CM Real. The Extreme series is bad. Its better to get CM Real Power Pro 460W as it will be able to power any system with upto HD5850 as a graphics card.

OP
BSOD

BSOD

Err.. what?
Thanks guys. I forgot to add the 1tb hdd I bought recently in the signature. That shouldn't affect too much though. Also, the only probable upgrade in the future that will draw power will be a low end gfx card, as I'm not much of a gamer. So, the superb should be enough. I wanted ask about its availability in Bangalore?
Thanks again.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@BSOD, since you already have a cabinet, my suggestion for you is to get a PSU and UPS. If you are facing power surges in your locality that damages PSU, even a 20k rupee Titanium certified PSU can't escape from that. :)

If you already have an UPS and still your PSU failed, that still means that you need to get a better UPS or get existing one repaired to stop power spikes/surges.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Yea you would need a good UPS. Spikes/surges can damage the best of PSU. The CM PSU which Krow recommended is nice. It will do well for you. The 1 TB HDD will make a difference of 10-12W to total requirement, so you are still good to go.

OP
BSOD

BSOD

Err.. what?
I already have an UPS. The PSU was showing signs of failure, such as its fan had stopped. So, it may not be directly related to the power problem. I must add that the UPS is for the complete house... that means even if I get a UPS for the computer it will be useless. Thanks again.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. No problems then. so, look for VX450W+Zebronics bijli option. 4k+1.3k I think.

And yes, Zebronics Bijli is a decent cabinet to use. just that it doesn't have screwless installation.

IMO, It's better to get solid PSU with decent cabinet than to get decent PSU with solid cabinet.

Krow

Crowman
To keep things in budget, the CM Real Power Pro 460W @ 3.5k is a great buy, if OP can up his budget, then VX450W for 4k for sure.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Recently my PSU failed due to some problem with the power supply in my area. It was a VIP 500W(sigh).
Also, I was looking for better cabinet ( from someone like Cooler Master, not something crappy like Zebronics's which I already own). I have set aside a sun of 5k for the two.
Advice?
Ps. Posting from my cell :)
CM Elite 310 @ 2k
Gigabyte Superb 460W @ 2.2k

Total = 4.2k

Save the bucks. Unless u wanna upgrade later on to a good GPU or the whole system.

Corsair VX450W @ 4.1k
or
Glacial Power 650W @ 4.7k

OP
BSOD

BSOD

Err.. what?
Okay. I'm thinking of going with Elite 335 and Real Power 460W. Both together should set me back about 6k.
Now, I am also planning to buy kingston value 2x2gb and a cpu cooler(the old stock is not performing as well as it should) and thermal paste for the same. A cheap but, good one will do.
Thanks.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^y r u spending soo much on the rig???? It's gotten old already......Better get:

Corsair VX450W @ 4.1k than a CM Real Power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom