I am using windows 7 ultimate.

My system config is as follows:
Core2Duo E7400 @ 2.8 Ghz:C_lol2:
2 X 2gb Kingston 800Mhz RAM:C_lolwink:
NVIDIA 8400 GS:banghead:
SEAGATE 250 GB HDD:nanananana:
Intel DG31PR Motherboard:blackeye:
ASUS VW193D 19" monitor:meditate:

I am thinking of replacing my existing GPU. My max budget is 5000 can exceed it by 500 only if there is a lot of difference in performance . Please suggest Nvidia cards only as i convert tonnes of movie for my music player(Philips GoGear SA52xx:clap2:) and love harnessing the power of CUDA using Xilisoft Video Converter. Please reply ASAP.

Thanx in Advance!!!

PS:- Yes CUDA is damn right important 4 me.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Why to go for a card of old generations. Get a HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 available @ 4.5K. Performance wise it is on the par with 9800 GT but consumes very less power and generates lot less heat. It does not even require extra PCI Express power connector.
It can play all the current games in 1440X900 resolution (normal resolution for a 19" LCD display) with decent settings.
However, which SMPS or PSU you are currently having?
And regarding CUDA what applications you are planning to use? If they are like Photo shop, video converting, Premiere etc, then they also supports ATI Stream.

abirthedevil

In the zone
you should mention your PSU when asking suggestion for GPU, ill suggest the same as Cilus go for 5670 512mb best GPU u can get in that price bracket and no hassles with power connectors/heat issues/huge power draw like older nvidia cards and lastly nvidia over hypes cuda and physx they dont turn the world around else AMD wouldnt be making GPU's its not like people with AMD GPU's only game and do no run any GPU assisted programs the whole world does it

d3p

PowerHouse
hey Mohit,

Currently i'm selling off my HD 5770 1GB for 6k [include the shipping cost]
refer this link : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/136540-xfx-ati-radeon-hd5770-1-gb-sale.html

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
i forgot to add smps its intex 450watt

you should mention your PSU when asking suggestion for GPU, ill suggest the same as Cilus go for 5670 512mb best GPU u can get in that price bracket and no hassles with power connectors/heat issues/huge power draw like older nvidia cards and lastly nvidia over hypes cuda and physx they dont turn the world around else AMD wouldnt be making GPU's its not like people with AMD GPU's only game and do no run any GPU assisted programs the whole world does it

actually i convert movies and i have seen a difference in performance by 20% (though nvidia claims around 60-70% but even 20% is nice for a change) with & without cuda in xilisoft video convertor ultimate

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
lol @ intex 450W watt. You better get 5670 or if you wish to buy a better card, u need to upgrade ur PSU like FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.6k or Gigabyte 460W @ 2.2k.

Then u can buy 5770 or similar performing cards

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
hey Mohit,

Currently i'm selling off my HD 5770 1GB for 6k [include the shipping cost]
refer this link : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/136540-xfx-ati-radeon-hd5770-1-gb-sale.html

hey man its impossible to stretch it to 6k 4 me:cry:

Get GTS250 for around 7k. Thats the best you can get. Or else stick with any used 9800/8800/9600 GT

i don't wanna buy an old card a new but with less performance will do. My cousin is good at bargaining. This system above with mouse and keyboard ( cpu case & sony dvd writer also) he bought for 17000 for me that too 2 years ago!!:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Get the HD5670 @ 5k.
Your software can also use ATI Stream.

Your other thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/136508-replace-gpu.html

abirthedevil

In the zone
i forgot to add smps its intex 450watt

actually i convert movies and i have seen a difference in performance by 20% (though nvidia claims around 60-70% but even 20% is nice for a change) with & without cuda in xilisoft video convertor ultimate

which cards did you compare? btw that smps is going to kill you system if you add a power hungry gpu

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
hey man this psu problem u r suggesting makes me nuts. So i will change the gpu later on first tell me a good smps so that its no problem budget is same quoted earlier. I think there would be enough cash left after buying psu so tell me should i replace my ram to some high performance if yes which and will it have significant improvement.

Get the HD5670 @ 5k.
Your software can also use ATI Stream.

Your other thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/136508-replace-gpu.html

hey actually it forum wasn't showing the earlier thread so i posted it again.

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
look at these options:

PSU:-
1->FSP saga 500W @ 2k
2->FSP saga 350W @ 1.5k
3->Gigabyte 460W @2.2k

GFX cards
1->HD 5670 512mb @ 4.5k
2->HD 5570 1gb @ 4k
3->GT 240 1gb @ 4.3k

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Nicely summing up by Piyush.

If I were you then my choice would be

FSP saga 500W @ 2k (best PSU at the price and will able to handle cards like HD 5770)
HD 5670 512mb @ 4.5k (most powerful GPU among the listed ones)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ +1

Go for this. Worth few extra bucks.

^^ +1

Go for this. Worth few extra bucks. Dont worry about stretching ur budget a lil bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom