Need information on Samsung Champ 3G

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Hi,

I am in search for a back up mobile strictly below 5K range.
My requirement is
1. Good backup - 2 days with around 4 hours calling.
2. Good network reception - voice should not be muffled.
3. GPRS is must and 3G is most welcomed. Front cam for video calling in case it is a 3G mobile.
(Am I asking too much?)

And I dont want any chinese brand.

Now, while searching I have found this mobile : Samsung Champ 3G.
Features are amazing and that too at an unbeatable price.

I was going through the reviews over there.
Some people are saying the microphone is not good. Voice at the other end is not clear.

Now, is anyone here has any idea about this phone?
Is anyone using this? Please let me know.
Also if you have a better choice in mind, your suggestions are welcomed.

Regards

Last edited:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I own a Samsung Champ GT-C3303 and i have faced the mic-issue many times. I have to speak loudly or else no-one can hear me. Luckily, I dont spend more time on talking in phone(Maybe it's bcoz i dont have a gf) I dont know if the issue is with Champ 3G too.

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thanks for the info man. Unlike you, I have a GF. So i will be on phone most of the time. Cant shout all the time.
Lets see if others has anything to add.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
own the champ 3.5g
it's a good phone , but there is a issue with the gprs/hspa/wifi , when you surf and open a heavy website it restarts and it is quite frequent and annoying , dont know if a software update is out to fix this, but if it's not out then for surfing the phone is a bad idea

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
most samsung 3G feature phones have this reboot problem. open a heavy webpage, it reboots. turn on 3G, it reboots. do this reboots, do that reboots. and best is, Samsung doesn't offer updates to fix these problems (never seen any update for samsung feature phone).

Shah

Cyborg Agent
The reboot problem may be caused because of low memory. I have faced this issue only a few times.

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Seems it will be better if I stay away from this phone.
Any other phone in this range (~5K) with atleast GPRS (no need of wi-fi) but 3G is most welcome?

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thats a nice option.
Good voice clarity, loud ringer, looks good. Will check this one out.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Top Bottom