Need info for Cyber Security courses in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishi87

Broken In
Hi, I did my BE in IT. Want to do M.Tech now. I heard of Cyber Security courses offered in various colleges. The fact that it is interesting, I want to pursue this course. However, I don't know what aptitude and technical qualities an aspirant should have for this course. Could anyone guide me for this so I may get prepared accordingly?

thewhizgeek

Broken In
Hi Rishi87,
May b u mite want to check this Digit's Technology Discussion Forum > Education and Career Guide > Training Institutes > Hackintosh-INDIA 2009-Capture the Flag-Ethical Hacking-Chennai!August 8,9th'09

:)

Ref: *www.infysec.com/2009/06/hackintosh-india-2009-august-8th-and-9th2009/

Aspire

Padawan
Hi, I did my BE in IT. Want to do M.Tech now. I heard of Cyber Security courses offered in various colleges. The fact that it is interesting, I want to pursue this course. However, I don't know what aptitude and technical qualities an aspirant should have for this course. Could anyone guide me for this so I may get prepared accordingly?

Cyber Forensics And Information Security (M.Sc)
This course trains the stundents with information security and cyber forensics for implementing the secure information systems.

It is study of extracting data and checking the accuracy from computer storage media and presenting according to the law.

This technology used in criminal investigation using digital data Cyber forensics also includes the act of making digital data suitable for inclusion into a criminal investigation.

Computer networks plays in important role in this field for corporate corporate spying and espionage, electronic evidence for presenting in court of law.

This technology helps to investigate using every kind of evidence like (electronic devices) and extracting information devices even information deleted.

The course and lab exercises are taught by a combination of academics and industry practitioners.

Many colleges worldwide offering cyber forensics combined wirh law enforcement.

Duration : 2 YEAR(S)
Education Stream : Science
Basic Qualification : Master Of Science - M.Sc (Cyber Forensic And Information Security)
Hope I helped you ;-)

jodo_institute

Right off the assembly line
Hii its good that you want to make career in security field but you should have better knowledge of system & networking because to secure ny system you should know the system first
and international certifications for this will gives you additional benefit
EC-Council's - Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)

The goal of the ethical hacker is to help the organization take preemptive measures against malicious attacks by attacking the system himself; all the while staying within legal limits. The CEH Program certifies individuals in the specific network security discipline of Ethical Hacking from a vendor-neutral perspective.

Upon the completion of our CEH course, students will know how intruders escalate privileges and what steps can be taken to secure a system. This class will immerse the student into an interactive environment where they will be shown how to scan, test, hack and secure their own systems. Students will begin by understanding how perimeter defenses work and then be lead into scanning and attacking their own networks, no real network is harmed. Students will also learn about Intrusion Detection, Policy Creation, Social Engineering, DDoS Attacks, Buffer Overflows and Virus Creation.

Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of Networking is prerequisite and also significantly benefits security officers, auditors, security professionals, site administrators, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network infrastructure. There are plenty of jobs available in the market in banking and other financial sector as they need to secure their network against threats.

For Further Course Details Please Visit

JODOINSTITUTE CEH TRAINING *jodoinstitute.com/boot-camp-CEH-v6.php

smith.dyer

Right off the assembly line
Hey Rishi, i would really appreciate you if you are looking at the security courses, In my opinion the most interesting job in the field of computers security is being an Ethical Hacker,although it needs some good knowledge in systems and networking.so i would probably say you that to prefer the field of CEH, so for more information on professional training and Certification for CEH check this link *www.eccouncil.org/certification/certified_ethical_hacker.aspx

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hi there,
Welcome to the forum. Take a peek at the forum rules here when you can. Since the thread is kind of old I'm going to close it unless there is further interest in it. If anyone would like to contribute further just PM me and Ill reopen it if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom