need in ear monitors/earphones

Krow

Crowman
What do you like about the CX 180 sound over the M1? Is it the bass? Or anything else? That will help people suggest IEMs. :)

Sarath

iDota
I find it really difficult to explain features of "sound" but yes the bass is a little lower in the M1 but that is not even a problem, since it has healthy amounts of bass by itself that is fairly satisfying.

Its the kind of sound it produces. Its clear, its nice but on listening to CX the sound just feels livelier. I cannot describe it in a better way. Switching between those makes me feel that the senn ones are a tad more "warm" or "alive" or I don't know how to describe it.

The M1's are a good pair but I seem to have institutionalised myself to the CX180.

Krow

Crowman
Hmmmm... slightly difficult for me to recommend without trying the CX180. But if you like it, get it. :) You could do a google on comparisons between CX180 and Soundmagic PL 30.

Sarath

iDota
Hmm Ok I will look into them. Thanks.

BTW I feel the more expensive IEMs (around 5-8k) will make a massacre out of normal 256kbps MP3 music that I usually hear. Is that true? I am actually 80% sure it is true.

massacre= playing low bitrate songs on such good IEMs will also amplify the shortcoming in the quality of the low bitrate songs, thus making the minor niggles more prominent. Like background noise etc will be more prominent.

Also does the sound signature change when these M1s are underwent through a "burn in"?

P.S. I don't know what sound signature actually means. I know about burn in though.

Krow

Crowman
Burn in has no real effect on M1. 256kbps is a pretty decent bitrate and massacre won't happen don't worry. Get good 320kbps music if you are still worried. :)

Also, I think (from what I have read), the best IEMs are in the $150 category. But it is better to work your way up to that level. Try different IEMs at lower budgets first. :)

Sarath

iDota
I have used upto 2k now and hence was looking at the 5k ones. Even I wanted to go my way up since it would be a better upgrade path.

Any suggestions for 5k phones that you know of?

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
Head Direct REZERO or Head Direct RE0.
The best two within 5k for mids and highs.

I think hippo VB has been released again after they were apparently listed off.
For bass, nothing comes better than VB in its price range.

Check with Jaben for Hippo VB

Sarath

iDota
Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220 5520 Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220 Noise-Isolating Earphones

Klipsch S4i 4000 Klipsch S4i 0GB Price India, Klipsch S4i Review, Klipsch Headphone India - Infibeam.com
S4 4000

Bose IE2 5175 Bose IE2 Headphones - Audio Headphones - Bose Headsets and Headphones

Considering these

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Head Direct REZERO or Head Direct RE0.
The best two within 5k for mids and highs.
Agree with that. Planning to get RE ZERO next month.

@Sarath
*www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-191-iems-compared-xears-cp100ip-td-iii-v2-added-8-23

Sarath

iDota
You are getting another pair of headphones? Why?

I usually listen to songs with a lot of emphasis on Bass. I would say that it is more important that how bassy the phones are. I don't think "analytical" ones will appease me, for the kind of music I hear.

I will continue my research and look for more headphones and hopefully audition a few.

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
Radius DDM for you, if you want one of the best bass! But its around 7k.
Don't go for Klipsch S4i (sibilance issues, disturbing it is)
Instead of the Klipsch , go for Hippo VB.
Check reviews of VB on TE,Inearmatters,Head-fi,Techpowerup etc.

Sarath

iDota
Wow, this thread is on the digit magazine this month. Cool :-D . Any suggestions for framing a page off the magazine ;-)

Sarath

iDota
Since its made in china you are getting more for moneys worth. I hope the quality is good too but I have yet to hear complains about the M1 and M2.

And yes, Yipee! :-D :-D :-D

Top Bottom