Need help :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
:lol: Don't mind the pixel count...

If there is no profile for that camera in flickr, you can search and get the result. :)

SX240/SX260 is better, popular, worthy camera than L810.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Why do you think people are preferring bridge cameras when they have a budget 25k-30k over DSLR/CSC?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Zoom is not important for Professional coz they mostly work with primes and know what they wanna shoot...

Zooms are important when we r in learning stages and dont know what will come up and we may miss the shot

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Why do you think people are preferring bridge cameras when they have a budget 25k-30k over DSLR/CSC?

i seriously dont know... and you know that what matters most is not what you can grasp at 200 feet away from you and get a hazy picture just because you want that shot. You want a picture which stuns and for that you need a good camera sensor and not a really long 10 foot lens at the end of your camera pointing out as a periscope.

dont take this the wrong way, only my 2 cents.

tkin

Back to school!!
Well, lets take a scenario, you taking a shot at an animal at say 5 feet(in a zoo say), now you have to quickly zoom out to take an animal say 500ft away, good luck fiddling with the DSLR, that's why most professional wildlife photographers carry two cameras, with different lens, also when you are at a beach and have to switch lens sand can enter the camera causing issues, unless you go for expensive lenses with wide range its useful to carry a bridge, so yes, if you are hobby photographer zoom is very much important, also bridge allows you to switch to zoom from macro or vice versa in a flick, something dslr's can't, although a bridge will never reach the quality of a DSLR.

Brings up the question, why doesn't camera makers take a bridge and put in a DSLR quality sensor? A perfect candidate is the FZ200, it has f/2.4 all the way to 600mm, why not add a dslr sensor?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
i seriously dont know... and you know that what matters most is not what you can grasp at 200 feet away from you and get a hazy picture just because you want that shot. You want a picture which stuns and for that you need a good camera sensor and not a really long

That's really true. You know, if I had the knowledge/information I have now 1.5yrs ago, I would have gone for a used DSLR. But still I am not regretting my purchase.
10 foot lens at the end of your camera pointing out as a periscope.
:rofl:
dont take this the wrong way, only my 2 cents.
No no... what you said is cent percent correct. It's just matter of preference. Everyone have their own priority... After all choice and money is their's.

Brings up the question, why doesn't camera makers take a bridge and put in a DSLR quality sensor? A perfect candidate is the FZ200, it has f/2.4 all the way to 600mm, why not add a dslr sensor?

Already, XS1 does have bigger sensor and costs 50k. Just the cost will go up, sure it will be a 6 digit figure.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Well, lets take a scenario, you taking a shot at an animal at say 5 feet(in a zoo say), now you have to quickly zoom out to take an animal say 500ft away, good luck fiddling with the DSLR, that's why most professional wildlife photographers carry two cameras, with different lens, also when you are at a beach and have to switch lens sand can enter the camera causing issues, unless you go for expensive lenses with wide range its useful to carry a bridge, so yes, if you are hobby photographer zoom is very much important, also bridge allows you to switch to zoom from macro or vice versa in a flick, something dslr's can't, although a bridge will never reach the quality of a DSLR.

but then again if you are in the zoo shooting for deers and tigers, either you are not a proffesional photographer.

anyways for the sake of the arguement, lets say that (even though the idea of a photographer, that too a proffesional using a telephoto lens to capture a monkey in a zoo is still ridiculous and i cant stop laughing... :rofl: ) you need that shot... so you will click it with a bridge cam? okay... then what do you have? a photo of an animal sitting nude so you can click a picture of him... which isnt even close to what he looks like.. and show it to your friends ? :O:

or let me put it this way... see i live in Delhi, and there isnt much of wildlife left which i can click, and anyways animals i can always see on the internet / zoo.... so i dont care much about them but i dont know where you live... if there is a jungle nearby... just call me.. ill send some guys over and get it destroyed.

Fuji HS20 Vs. DSLR Shootout - YouTube

Just for Fun.

lol at that comment, is this a "camera cum bazooka" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D omfg :rofl:

@tkin, all comments are in a light mood bro.. dont take them seriously.

sujoyp

Grand Master
LOL its really funny how we r arguing .....but I would not like to shoot a tiger from 5 feet just because I have a full frame camera (better sensor and no reach :D ) I need a lens which can take shot of tiger at least 50 feet away..soo a telephoto is required

now I agree to the comment that both r simultaniously required to get great shots...but itne paise me itna hi milega na baba :D

tkin

Back to school!!
That's really true. You know, if I had the knowledge/information I have now 1.5yrs ago, I would have gone for a used DSLR. But still I am not regretting my purchase.

:rofl:

No no... what you said is cent percent correct. It's just matter of preference. Everyone have their own priority... After all choice and money is their's.

Already, XS1 does have bigger sensor and costs 50k. Just the cost will go up, sure it will be a 6 digit figure.
My next cam :D

but then again if you are in the zoo shooting for deers and tigers, either you are not a proffesional photographer.

anyways for the sake of the arguement, lets say that (even though the idea of a photographer, that too a proffesional using a telephoto lens to capture a monkey in a zoo is still ridiculous and i cant stop laughing... :rofl: ) you need that shot... so you will click it with a bridge cam? okay... then what do you have? a photo of an animal sitting nude so you can click a picture of him... which isnt even close to what he looks like.. and show it to your friends ? :O:

or let me put it this way... see i live in Delhi, and there isnt much of wildlife left which i can click, and anyways animals i can always see on the internet / zoo.... so i dont care much about them but i dont know where you live... if there is a jungle nearby... just call me.. ill send some guys over and get it destroyed.

lol at that comment, is this a "camera cum bazooka" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D omfg :rofl:

@tkin, all comments are in a light mood bro.. dont take them seriously.
Ever been to safari? I guess not, well I have(doors) and I'd know the value of a zoom as I manages to capture a tiger a huge distance away within a sec before it got away, before that I was taking a close shot of a bird on the opposite side close to the elephant I was riding on, it matters. Another guy with a SLR also took the shot but as he was using a 18-55mm, I guess he needed to blow the image up a lot to even look at the tiger.

LOL its really funny how we r arguing .....but I would not like to shoot a tiger from 5 feet just because I have a full frame camera (better sensor and no reach :D ) I need a lens which can take shot of tiger at least 50 feet away..soo a telephoto is required

now I agree to the comment that both r simultaniously required to get great shots...but itne paise me itna hi milega na baba :D
That's I made the comment, carry two slrs, one with a 18-55 to take close range shots, another with a 200mm telephoto.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@tkin i agree with idea of 2 slrs...many people use that way...
if in safari its 10-20 or 12-24 wide + 70-300 type tele or bigger than that

a superzoom covers both soo a knowledgable guy can utilise it to its best...

Top Bottom