Need help with upgrade :)

Fog

Broken In
Hey, guys.

I'm new to thinkdigit, a friend introduced me here.

I needed a new GPU
So I thought of buying this:

HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 GPU 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

My PSU is 450 watts, I was happy that the GPU could run.

My question is that at 5k and below is there any other GPU which is better than the above?

My second question is with the below specs
*imageshack.us/f/692/nwx44o.png/

Is there any very old or bad part (CPU/Mobo) that I really should upgrade and please list the part which it should be upgraded with too

and lastly, Is it okay to buy a Transcend Ram? I did research and on the DDR3 Ram guide Transcend wasnt on one of the better RAM companies.

Thanks a lot, i'm not sure whether it is in the correct sub-forum, i hope it is.

:)

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prefer buying a HD 6670 which has GDDR5 memory. DDR3 memory is slow.

Corsair/Kingston/Gskill are much more reliable than Transcend when it comes to RAM.

Also, read this thread completely :): *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

koolent

Youngling
Buy MSi 6670 1GD5, it has GDDR5 memory and so you can run games really nicely. It might cosr you slightly more than 5k but is totally worth :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just get the gfx card suggested by koolent @ 5.3k from SMC - it has GDDr5 mem as ico has said ;-)

OP
F

Fog

Broken In
@ico, I had previously read the thread, and was the very first threads I have read. (actually my friend who introduced me asked me my PSU for my GPU and then he said my GPU might not work because my PSU might be desi. :p then he told me to visit that thread but idk the model of the PSU will look into that today.

Can someone tell me the site in which we upload pictures and then put them here? Imgur doesnt work :(

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
There are plenty:
1. ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
2. TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
3. Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
4. Free Image Hosting at FreeImageHosting.net - Upload Images for MySpace, Blogs, and Galleries
5. imgPlace.com - Image Hosting - Free Image Hosting - Free Image Uploading
6. Free Image Hosting Site - Myspace Image Hosting - mojoimage.com [mi]
and many more..

OP
F

Fog

Broken In
@Saswat it's not working.

Anyways can anyone suggest me a good CPU? I have an E5700..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
E5700 is a very good cpu - if you don't have a value series Intel Original mobo you can try Ocing the cpu for better performance provided you keep the cpu in it's theremal specs, you have a good PSu and a cabinet with enough airflow.

Top Bottom