Need help with the confusions

apkcreations

Broken In
Hey Guys, I need help with assembling a new pc

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I will be using the computer for mainly programming and multi tasking, running virtual devices, emulators, genymotion, browser with unlimited tabs open.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 1 lac. Super flexible

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Maybe, I'm sure about an i7 6700k

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows10 and hackintosh dual boot.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I have a spare 1 tb. So i won't be buying one, thinking of a 250 gb samsung ssd for starters.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. I have a LED 22 from LG.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No monitor, No hard disk

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Haven't done it before. Can try it. Else may get it done through an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chandigarh. Local or online, whichever is the best value.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I was given this recommendation . Is this a sufficient config?

Processor i7 6700k
Cooling Corsair H80i GT Liquid Cooling
GTX 960 4GB DDR5
MSI Z170 Krait Gaming
650 Watt Tough Power 80+Gold
250GB Samsung EVO ssd 7050

Corsair Carbide Spec 03 Gaming Case

I don't want to spend much on graphics card and motherboard

Thanks

Hrishi

I will just say spend as much you can on memory ( 32 gigs of system memory in quad channel and at least 240gigs of SSD ).
HyperX or Corsair Vengeance for RAM and Samsung Evo 850 are good choice for memory.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Hrishi

And from my personal experience- you might want to look into dual display setup for these tasks. I.e. if your budget permits you should add another cheap FHD monitor.

kairon007

Right off the assembly line
And from my personal experience- you might want to look into dual display setup for these tasks. I.e. if your budget permits you should add another cheap FHD monitor.

Cool, Ill add that, can you suggest a medium combination for graphics card and mother board?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah. Change the PSU to either Corsair RM series or Seasonic and you are set. Rest of the specs look adequate.

kairon007

Guys would Asus z170 gaming pro be adequate for me? I read it has only one M2 port? What's the problem in that? Can it connect one ssd and one hard drive?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Why would you need a super high end mother board for programming ? Go for a mid end board with high end specs, I.e. RAM and Processor

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Best choices for PSU for that setup will be Seasonic S12G 550+ or Antec Truepower Classic 550+ or anything of higher quality.

Why would you need a super high end mother board for programming ? Go for a mid end board with high end specs, I.e. RAM and Processor

If he is overclocking then yeah a super high end mobo is preferred. Would also need lots of RAM for his requirement.

OP
A

apkcreations

Broken In
Yes I can use a mid end motherboard that supports overclock. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Alright guys so here is the final configuration I have compiled with the prices I'm getting. Can I have some suggestions for the Prices/Alternative components.
Thanks a lot in the guiding process:-

CORSAIR RM 750 SMPS -Rs 9600/-

Circle Stay Cool C-12 Red LED Case Cabinet Fan 2 pc - Rs. 349*2

Circle CC 830 Professional Gaming Cabinet (without SMPS) Black Rs. 4245

Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CW-9060017-WW Rs.8285

Intel i7 6700k Rs 27250

ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING Motherboard Rs 14,900

ASUS STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5 Graphic Card Rs. 19000

G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4 F4-2400C15D-16GVR 16GB RAM Rs. 7062

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB mSATA MZ-M5E250 Rs 8800

samthechamp

Broken In
Definitely get at least 8 or 16 gigs of RAM.Might want to reconsider the water cooling option.Not the safest thing to do.I'd say get a cheaper Motherboard and go for a seasonic s12ii 620 PSU.best in class it is.as far as the mobo is concerned I will say get the gigabyte z170x-gaming 3 if you really want to spend that much of money because gigabyte is simply a better brand , you'll get quite a lot of good features like electrostatic protection and on off charge n stuff.Plus believe it or not , you'll have some kind of problem with your mobo in a year or two.Either the audio card or network port or something.and gigabyte has the best after sales in India.Recently mine got damaged due to a power surge , although the fault was mine and I wasn't expecting anything , they repaired it and gave it to me with a couple extra cpu stands and cables looking like brand new , no questions asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I can use a mid end motherboard that supports overclock. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Alright guys so here is the final configuration I have compiled with the prices I'm getting. Can I have some suggestions for the Prices/Alternative components.
Thanks a lot in the guiding process:-

CORSAIR RM 750 SMPS -Rs 9600/-

Circle Stay Cool C-12 Red LED Case Cabinet Fan 2 pc - Rs. 349*2

Circle CC 830 Professional Gaming Cabinet (without SMPS) Black Rs. 4245

Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CW-9060017-WW Rs.8285

Intel i7 6700k Rs 27250

ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING Motherboard Rs 14,900

ASUS STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5 Graphic Card Rs. 19000

G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4 F4-2400C15D-16GVR 16GB RAM Rs. 7062

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB mSATA MZ-M5E250 Rs 8800

Get the seasonic s12ii or m12ii series PSU.simply because corsair RM series is made by chicony technology and not corsair itself , and also because it has thermal issues.corsair also had issues with its CX series.Seasonic on the other hand has never made anything of poor quality.arguably the best available brand , at least in India.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 97.3k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K28,000
CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 120V Plus4,800
MotherboardMSI Z170 Krait Gaming16,000
MemoryG.Skill RipJaws V 16GB (4GBx4)DDR410,500
Graphics CardAsus Strix GTX 960 4GB DDR516,500
SSDSamsung 850 Evo 250GB8,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 520w Evo Edition5,900
CabinetCorsair SPEC -034,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
KeyboardCooler Master Devastator KB and Mouse Combo2,600
MouseIncluded in the Combo
Total97,300

kairon007

Budget - 97.3k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K28,000
CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 120V Plus4,800
MotherboardMSI Z170 Krait Gaming16,000
MemoryG.Skill RipJaws V 16GB (4GBx4)DDR410,500
Graphics CardAsus Strix GTX 960 4GB DDR516,500
SSDSamsung 850 Evo 250GB8,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 520w Evo Edition5,900
CabinetCorsair SPEC -034,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
KeyboardCooler Master Devastator KB and Mouse Combo2,600
MouseIncluded in the Combo
Total97,300

From where did you get this price of graphics card? Im getting it for 19000

kairon007

Hey guys , ordered the following components
I7 6700k
Asus z170 gaming pro mb
Asus gtx960 4gb
Cooler master nepton 240m cooler
Seasonic 750 ps
Gskill 3200 mhz 16gb

Now need a cabinet, probably a fancy one with a transparent side panel and some lights, dont wanna spend more than 10 k max
Also it needs to have dual radiator cooler support. Please guide me really urgent

Top Bottom