need help with new laptop hdd

luckyidnani

Broken In
hey guys i am going to buy a new 1tb hdd and replace it with my old 500gb one on my sony vaio vpceb16fg laptop i need some help about copying my c drive to my new hdd i have my old drive partiotioned in 5 parts and i need to copy only the c drive to my new hdd and yes i also need to make a 150gb partiotion on my new hdd and then copy the c drive from my old hdd

can anyone tell me how to do it and after doing it will i able to run my old windows and all it programs like before like i am having now [no need to install anything new and everything is like as before and no changes to the os and its software and all the media and stuff like that]

sorry for the long post i am new over here and i know nothing about this stuff

OP
L

luckyidnani

Broken In
and yes please suggest me that should i buy an external portable hdd open it up as use it as an internal drive or to buy an internal drive i am gonna buy them online so please provide the links too flipkart snapdeal etc

bhvm

Journeyman
and yes please suggest me that should i buy an external portable hdd open it up as use it as an internal drive or to buy an internal drive i am gonna buy them online so please provide the links too flipkart snapdeal etc

I tried it, Does not work. External USB drives are usually 12mm Thick. laptop drives are 9.5mm. Don't waste money as you could also destroy the USB casing in process. I recently got Seagate SSHD 1TB for 8k from snapdeal. BEAST and BEST drive. don't miss it if you have budget.

Top Bottom