Need Help With Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

doom_marine

Journeyman
I installed SuSE Linux From The digit DVD it installed fine.

When i went to hardware it detected my ati radeon 9800 pro as a R350 and said it had no 3D Acceleration

I have a d-link modem which it did not detect, it says there is a conextant modem in my comp

How do we connect to the net in the linux

Help Me please

One More Thing how do i remove linux and get the space back into my f: drive

ujjwal

Padawan
Regarding first problem, for 3d acceleration, you need the ATi linux drivers, get it from their site. As for the modem, the driver should be on the cd that came with it, else get it from www.linuxant.com

busyanuj

In the zone
Reply: Need Help With Linux

doom_marine said:
One More Thing how do i remove linux and get the space back into my f: drive
use Partition Magic 8 to recover the disk space occupied by Linux partitions.

or if you use Windows XP, you can use the Disk Management to recover the disk space.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
amitsaudy said:
Contact Gnurag or Tuxfan.
Problem solved.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

On a lighter side, We should never forget an age old proverb... Google is my best friend :)

BONZI

Journeyman
Code:
I have a d-link modem which it did not detect, it says there is a conextant modem in my comp

Sorry the point is not clear here. Did the distro said that you have conextant?? Did it get detected? If the problem is not with the drivers then try selecting tty s0 instead of tty modem. Because usually you connect the modem through com1. If its the problem of drivers then install new drivers (not an easy task to get it running in that case)

When i went to hardware it detected my ati radeon 9800 pro as a R350 and said it had no 3D Acceleration

Not a problem 3D accleration is still in it beta stages for linux so dont worry. You dont have DOOM 3 to play in linux. right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom