Need Help With a Laptop Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishore Thomas John

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys....

I'm a new reader who has joined the digit community after reading the Diwali Special Edition in October....Although I'm a fresh mechanical engineering Graduate, my knowledge on computers and computing in appalling....:confused:

I've just joined for work in Chennai and I've decided to purchase a new laptop. My budget stands at approximately 27,000 rupees. Although there are several brands available, I'm not sure which one is the best for me....:-(

I need a computer to surf the net, watch movies and listen to music.....I also need it to write discs and other information related to work ( I'm not a software techie!!!)... I need it for almost all basic uses except playing games and use design related software.....and the laptop should be adequately well built and sustain wear and tear with prolonged use...

My system should at least be vista compatible( I've acquired one from a close friend)...If there is anyone out there who could lend me a helping hand, I'll be more than grateful....Please advice me as to which laptop would be best for my needs....

Also please recommend me a few dealers and outlets where I can make my purchase....If anyone could approximate the cost of a recommended model it would help me immensely....

Thanks for your support and consideration.....

Pathik

Google Bot
In that budget, I would recommend the Acer 4520 with 2GB RAM.

If you can do without Vista, I would strongly suggest getting a netbook. The MSI Wind - around 21k

In that budget, I would recommend the Acer 4520 with 2GB RAM.

If you can do without Vista, I would strongly suggest getting a netbook. The MSI Wind - around 21k

I think Acer 4530 would be a better option. For 3K extra, you get nVidia GF9100 GPU instead of GF7000, an extra GB of ram (4520 comes with 1GB) and Windows Vista Premium (while 4520 comes with linpus linux - yuck).

Its definitely a VFM upgrade IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom