Need help with a 2 Tn AC(Window or Split??),About 45K Budget

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
so i called up the dealers listed on the sharp link you mentioned and wow, these guys are quoting prices in the range of 59-62K...What the hell??They are saying 62 or so is the price and they are reading to give for 59...well some of the normal dealers atleast quoted 55-56.5K for this... :|

Are you being little too polite with them? Generally, if I have got a lower quote somewhere else and calling dealers who are quoting higher rates, my voice will become a tad rude (not shouting, just little stern/gruff/rude) when I "politely" ask them why their rates are higher than the lowest quote I got! Then, they will either bullcr@p me saying, "woh purana stock de raha hai", "woh faltu maal de raha hai" in which case I say a "polite" goodbye....or they will say, "hold kijiye, check karte hai", which usually results in a "comparable" quote!

Oh and of course there is also the other trick that I had mentioned earlier of telling them that I am looking for not one, but 2 (or even 3) units! ;)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Yeah trick them say you want two units,or say that you are getting it for Rs 53K,so thank you ,bye,they will try and get you back. The 55K quote you got is good but if it can be lowered nothing like it.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Are you being little too polite with them? Generally, if I have got a lower quote somewhere else and calling dealers who are quoting higher rates, my voice will become a tad rude (not shouting, just little stern/gruff/rude) when I "politely" ask them why their rates are higher than the lowest quote I got! Then, they will either bullcr@p me saying, "woh purana stock de raha hai", "woh faltu maal de raha hai" in which case I say a "polite" goodbye....or they will say, "hold kijiye, check karte hai", which usually results in a "comparable" quote!

Oh and of course there is also the other trick that I had mentioned earlier of telling them that I am looking for not one, but 2 (or even 3) units! ;)

I really don't understand whats happening here...i have done exactly what you have said except for the multiple AC part...infact one of the dealers who quoted me said 59K is the best price...You can take it or leave it..lol he was dictating terms to me...i kept the phone..most said aapko lena hai toh lo varna leave it...infact one of the dealers who quoted 56.5K told me its impossible to get lower prices than this in the market anywhere in mumbai..the guy who is giving us for 54-55K is actually a person known to me...so hence he is giving us the price..have called at atleast 20-30 places..most have given the same response..planning to settle it tomorrow itself..don't see how i will get any lower than this..none are interested to reduce anyway... :(

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I really don't understand whats happening here...i have done exactly what you have said except for the multiple AC part...infact one of the dealers who quoted me said 59K is the best price...You can take it or leave it..lol he was dictating terms to me...i kept the phone..most said aapko lena hai toh lo varna leave it...infact one of the dealers who quoted 56.5K told me its impossible to get lower prices than this in the market anywhere in mumbai..the guy who is giving us for 54-55K is actually a person known to me...so hence he is giving us the price..have called at atleast 20-30 places..most have given the same response..planning to settle it tomorrow itself..don't see how i will get any lower than this..none are interested to reduce anyway... :(

Hmm...might be DP set at Mumbai is different (and higher) than it is in Kol. Anyway, get it at the cheapest you can, I don't see any other options.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Its because of the Taxes ,VAT and Excise is higher in Mumbai ....than in Kolkata. Delhi is even cheaper. I got my 1.5 ton Sharp in Kolkata for Rs 41K,though the best I got was Rs 40,200 but didnt buy it coz I didnt trust the dealer as he was in ASS too,my friend in Delhi got for Rs 38,700!

So I think you should nail it at Rs 54K,try 53,500 if possible!

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
so finally i made a decision for which i was forced to...i went in finally to buy sharp 2 ton but most of the dealers said they have not received the unit from sharp...except the ones who did quote 61k..so the dealer we knew contacted sharp directly and we got the response from sharp itself that they are not sure when they will dispatch the unit...the company isn't sure..they said hence the reason why some of the dealers are quoting higher prices...i was left with no choice as my parents were also wondering why its taking so long to buy one and hence i was forced to order O General ASGA24JCC Unit which after bargaining i got for 60k from the dealer known to us...that was my max budget anyway..So finally thank you guys for the help..it was overwhelmingly helpful..Thanks a lot The incinerator and Mario...Will update with pics when it arrives...Thanks a lot you guys again...

Last edited:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Congos!!!! :D

Now, don't worry too much (or start feeling like you have "missed out" on something) - Generals are pretty darn good (if a tad overpriced) - make sure you have a qualified tech install your unit. I was thinking it might be a supply problem with the Sharps, turns out that's the case!

We want pics and review!! :)

Last edited:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks... :)
Any idea how good it is???
Feeling bad about missing out on sharp but hoping this turns out well

Oh darn! This is what I warned about in my previous post - STOP HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS! Its agonizing. :)
Listen, OGens are solid units, at par with Hitachis, old Nationals, even Heavy Mitsubs.
You did not "MISS OUT" on anything - its not like the entire world uses nothing but Sharps - yes they are pretty good, but not the BEST!!! No one is the BEST!

You seriously need to "chill" - literally and otherwise! :) Just ensure a proper AC tech installs your stuff.

@Inci: Care to post the things that the installer technicians should be carrying that OP should look out for?

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Oh darn! This is what I warned about in my previous post - STOP HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS! Its agonizing. :)
Listen, OGens are solid units, at par with Hitachis, old Nationals, even Heavy Mitsubs.
You did not "MISS OUT" on anything - its not like the entire world uses nothing but Sharps - yes they are pretty good, but not the BEST!!! No one is the BEST!

You seriously need to "chill" - literally and otherwise! :) Just ensure a proper AC tech installs your stuff.

@Inci: Care to post the things that the installer technicians should be carrying that OP should look out for?

LOL yeah my bad..just thought that after doing so much research in the market, i had to settle for another unit..so apologies for crying here.. :p
yeah pls help out with regard to installations..

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
LOL yeah my bad..just thought that after doing so much research in the market, i had to settle for another unit..so apologies for crying here.. :p
yeah pls help out with regard to installations..

Ensure your AC tech carries (off the top of my head) -

Saw
Powerdrill
Gas Leakage Detector
Putty
Flare Tool
Vacuum Pump
Charge Hose

etc.

@Inci: Add whatever I missed - you have seen this process more recently than I have!

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Mario you are bang on with the equipment that should be carried. I would just like to add few more things ,Pressure Gauge to check the Gas pressure,A good quality AC insulation Tape to wrap over the sponge of the copper tubes,its very important to get that done and a High Quality Godrej Boyce AC L Outdoor Unit Stand.

The Godrej Boyce L stand offers the best quality and fixtures and is the only ODU L stand that offers the maximum gap between the ODU and the wall its been installed on.The large gap offered by the Godrej is very important for the AC to cool optimally.

And you have got one of the A listers in AC domain! So great purchase in my honest opinion.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Mario you are bang on with the equipment that should be carried. I would just like to add few more things ,Pressure Gauge to check the Gas pressure,A good quality AC insulation Tape to wrap over the sponge of the copper tubes,its very important to get that done and a High Quality Godrej Boyce AC L Outdoor Unit Stand.

The Godrej Boyce L stand offers the best quality and fixtures and is the only ODU L stand that offers the maximum gap between the ODU and the wall its been installed on.The large gap offered by the Godrej is very important for the AC to cool optimally.

And you have got one of the A listers in AC domain! So great purchase in my honest opinion.

Monkeys damaged the sponge tubing on the two copper pipes last year. But the unit is working fine. Should I worry?

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Monkeys damaged the sponge tubing on the two copper pipes last year. But the unit is working fine. Should I worry?

If the sponge is just shredded, see if you can tape up the damaged area! If its torn and gone, see if you can buy some extra (just for the portion that is damaged, you can even re-use from some old sofa or something like that) and tape it up.

Top Bottom