Need help to finalise home PC config

prabhu_rag

Right off the assembly line
Please help in finalising the config for my home use

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: It will be general purpose home PC. Applications would be Office, Photoshop and Informative DVDs for my 7 year old son. Will be listening to a lot of music and watch movies. No gaming as of now.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Around 30K would be optimal, can stretch 5K more

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Most of the data is in home NAS. However I would love to have the storage in this PC with backup in NAS. Currently NAS has 500 GB utilised

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: NO. I will be using Samsung 940 Bw for time being. Planning to upgrade later in the year.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Except for monitor, I would need everything else

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Have experience, however, if someone can do it, it would be nice.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore. Open to online buying as well, if I dont get locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: The config that I have in mind is i3-4150, Asus b85M-G MoBo, 4 GB Ram, WD Green 1 TB, Asus 24D3ST DVD-RW and if budget permits, Samsung EVO 120 GB SSD

All suggestions would be appreciated :)

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
i3 4150 - 7.5k
Gigabyte GA H81M S2PV - 4.2k
Corsair Value RAM 4GB - 2.5k
Antec BP300 - 2.2k
WD Blue 1TB - 3.8k
ODD - 1k
Any local cabinet without PSU - 1k

PS - WD green id for storage. Get WD Blue as primary.
SSDs are unnecessary but if you want get Samsung Evo 850 120GB ~ 5.5k

OP
P

prabhu_rag

Right off the assembly line
Thanks. Will change WD green to Blue. What would be the advantage of having H81M in place of B85M?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks. Will change WD green to Blue. What would be the advantage of having H81M in place of B85M?

extra ram slots and extra sata ports mainly.and usb 3.0 ports may be(all these depends on the exact model you select).
you can have a look at Gigabyte GA H81M S2PH if you want hdmi.

i3 4150 - 7.5k
Gigabyte GA H81M S2PV - 4.2k
Corsair Value RAM 4GB - 2.5k
Antec BP300 - 2.2k
WD Blue 1TB - 3.8k
ODD - 1k
Any local cabinet without PSU - 1k

PS - WD green id for storage. Get WD Blue as primary.
SSDs are unnecessary but if you want get Samsung Evo 850 120GB ~ 5.5k

+1 for this. This is more than enough for your needs.

Top Bottom