Need help to buy pc

tushk1990

Right off the assembly line
hello guys, i need a bit of help in buyin a pc.
basically i need a pc to run Visual Studio 2010, Sqlserver, eclipse, javaMESdk. Gaming is not a priority.
i did a bit of survey nd i think foll config wud be gud enuf to perform needed tasks....
please chk it out nd let me kno if this config is sufficient for me...
I hav one more query, the dealer whom i apporachd told me to buy AMD X2 555 processor instead of intel i5. but i m a bit confused.... there is a diff of about 5k in both of them.... so if i go with AMD will i face any problem in future?

The quoptation which my dealr gave me is as follows:

Processor i 5 + m/b (no graphics card)------------------------>12850
amd X2 555 + asus m/b (1GB on board graphics)----> 7800

Ram 4 GB DDR3 Kingston-------------------------------->1600

Harddisk 500 GB Hitachi or SeaGate -------------------------> 1975

Monitor samsung LED 20" ----------------------------------> 6500

Mouse + Keyboard i Ball ---------------------------------------> 650

DVD RW LG ------------------------------------------------> 975

ATX Cabinet ------------------------------------------> 1000-2000

Speakr Altec Lancing 2.1 --------------------------------> 3300

saswat23

Human Spambot
X2 555 is a dual core and now its the era of Quads. Better go for a X2 955BE instead.
But a SB i5 Quad Core will the best choice for your work.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
@saswat23

i think you mean a PII X4 955BE... ;)

If you want a quadcore and motherboard in a budget of 10K, go for AMD... But if you can spare more, its Intel all the way.. And for the apps you mentioned, Intel will give you better performance... Cheers

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@tushk1990: as per your need the config listed by you is perfect.and even if u go for AMD processor u wont face any problems in future provided your needs doesn't change as of now ex:High End Gaming

OP
T

tushk1990

Right off the assembly line
thnx frends for the help.
i hav 1 more doubt, a friend of mine was tellin tht all the c++ features are not available on AMD processor. is tht true? coz i may need to work on c,c++ in future.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ What the hell, I've never heard anything stupid like that...it will obviously work.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
thnx frends for the help.
i hav 1 more doubt, a friend of mine was tellin tht all the c++ features are not available on AMD processor. is tht true? coz i may need to work on c,c++ in future.

Ask ur frnd from where he/she got this false information on C++ & AMD?

Top Bottom