Need help to buy Good quality earphone around 3k (BASS preferred)!!!!

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
m1 and proalpha are mostly similar sounding. when my brother had the proalpha and m1, we liked m1 more as it was better in delivering slightly more detail while maintaining the same fun sound of the proalpha.
cant comment much about gr99 as i dont have them but going by the reviews i may pick gr99 over m1(not sure unless i get to hear it).
Gr02 is in a league above m1 and gr99.
so for now i would say - Gr02>>gr99>m1>proalpha

Thanks a ton bro.
As per Multi IEM thread by joker GR99 Score above Sm E10, Sm E30, M1 & proalpha in sound department.
thanks for your views. :)

5fusion

Journeyman
Thanks a ton bro.
As per Multi IEM thread by joker GR99 Score above Sm E10, Sm E30, M1 & proalpha in sound department.
thanks for your views. :)
see it all comes down to preference, what you like and what not. sure gr99 is scored above those but if you ask top reviewers like joker himself they suggest dont get their reviews hard and fast but take it as an idea to what they are like as sound is subjective.
even though gr99 is scored slightly higher than others but i chose SM e30 over it as it fits much better to my liking. I am yet to experience an IEM of this class in this range and is my favourite. you have to listen to it to see how good they are.
I prefer a more of a neutral sound where frequencies are not playing with each other with a slight warmness to add texture to it. I like tight & punchy bass with fast attack times with liquid midrange and some good sparkle in treble to which e30 suits the best. If you see, there is not a single iem in this price range with a soundstage as wide, open and airy as the e30 with great imaging and seperation and comfort that even a class or two above cant match. Its considered to be a budget entry level audiophile IEM by top reviewers:wink:. Once i asked "Clioes" one of the top reviewer for an upgrade to my e30 and he said gr07 would be a good direct upgrade to my e30. Seriously one has to listen to it to see how good they are.
I didnt take this into account as OP was looking for lots of bass but by saying that i dont mean e30 lacks bass. Infact e30 bass goes very low with good quantity and excellent quality hitting real hard down the lows. Its the kind of bass i like.

So for me(as per my taste), in sub 3k price range the crown goes to Soundmagic E30:doublethumb:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
see it all comes down to preference, what you like and what not. sure gr99 is scored above those but if you ask top reviewers like joker himself they suggest dont get their reviews hard and fast but take it as an idea to what they are like as sound is subjective.
even though gr99 is scored slightly higher than others but i chose SM e30 over it as it fits much better to my liking. I am yet to experience an IEM of this class in this range and is my favourite. you have to listen to it to see how good they are.
I prefer a more of a neutral sound where frequencies are not playing with each other with a slight warmness to add texture to it. I like tight & punchy bass with fast attack times with liquid midrange and some good sparkle in treble to which e30 suits the best. If you see, there is not a single iem in this price range with a soundstage as wide, open and airy as the e30 with great imaging and seperation and comfort that even a class or two above cant match. Its considered to be a budget entry level audiophile IEM by top reviewers:wink:. Once i asked "Clioes" one of the top reviewer for an upgrade to my e30 and he said gr07 would be a good direct upgrade to my e30. Seriously one has to listen to it to see how good they are.
I didnt take this into account as OP was looking for lots of bass but by saying that i dont mean e30 lacks bass. Infact e30 bass goes very low with good quantity and excellent quality hitting real hard down the lows. Its the kind of bass i like.

So for me(as per my taste), in sub 3k price range the crown goes to Soundmagic E30:doublethumb:

Totally Agreed...
Within my limited budget I feel Gr99 would be best bet than SM E10 for my taste. I want to try some other sound signature as I have SM es18 & Brainwavz alpha. Few days back would have almost grabbed M1 ~1500 INR in stock clearing from MP4 nation but thanks to my Credit-card. Later I had opportunity to grab Proalpha but backed off after reading a lot about built quality issues.

Now I've a feeling for*www.flipkart.com/sony-xb30ex-extra-bass-stereo-headphone/p/itmdfj8gehshxgaf as well.

oohh.. Cannot forget those few good old years [2006 -2011] Sony Ericsson HPM 75 & Sony Ericsson HPM 70 which almost gave me headaches everynight teamed up with my sony ericsson PMP fone [K750 hardware with W800 firmware]:wink: :lol:

Last edited:

5fusion

Journeyman
thats what i am doing now, trying different signatures and understanding them. Its so much fun to explore sound. turns out to be an addiction, an expensive addiction if i may say:wink:. the more you know the more you want:blink:.
yep it would be good to try gr99 as you already have an idea of what e10 may be like. and you can throw in your views for us to know better. As for sony xb30ex, the design looks cool but for the sound part, TDF member @samudragupta@ can throw some light on it.

oohh.. Cannot forget those few good old years [2006 -2011] Sony Ericsson HPM 75 & Sony Ericsson HPM 70 which almost gave me headaches everynight teamed up with my sony ericsson PMP fone [K750 hardware with W800 firmware]:wink: :lol:
Sony has always been innovative in designs with supercool looks, no matter what generation of phones you talk about:cool:. and in those good old years some 8-9 yrs back, i think there were hardly good iems available in budget range (or i was not aware). one had to go high end to even get a good decent sound. the ones who brought the high end sound to budget range like brainwavz, soundmagic, vsonic, many more were not even born that time i guess:wink:.

Top Bottom