NEED HELP ON ANY KIND OF VIRUS?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjodh

Broken In
This thread is meant for those who seek Advice on all kinds of Viruses.All you have to do is state your configuration and problems here and Volunteers here will help you with advice.
Volunteers who want to give advice are also welcomed here.
--RJ

Saharika

In the zone
well

well
nice initiative well i was also thinking of something like this but all people round have not been that helpful so it was not coming up again.
(by the way i found that people really get bores and doesnt like if something simple is listed so..well when i say use ur intuition maybe most people will say ok thts not something u should tell us but later same thing....)
so not diverting any thing then
my computer last time got infected with redlof virus (folder.htt and destop.ini)what it use to do is it use to be included in every folder may be it was trying to space problem..
well i google and search
many said that full format is only the solution
so is that it?
well nortan didnt worked well
thks
saha
about solution as user i only know solution to one virus that is something called redlof.a which gets attach to html
well i tried many software av but not worked
eventually know what i came to knew that it was vb sript virus i used my intuition went to html codes then i found that to every file there was some vb code added i deleted those add codes wow
it worked then av said there was no virus and i even uploaded it
it first time my teacher ever appreciated me.
well i have never thought the virus could go that easily but manually i had to del codes from each file .

Eager_Beever

Broken In
Saharika, this particular virus is detected by very few anti virus programs like AVG and Kaspersky (Even the BIG Norton, McAfee fail to detect it). I have found that Kaspersky can successfully disinfect this virus. But the main reason for this virus infecting computers is using MS Office without the latest ServicePacks.

So, I would recommend using Kaspersky AntiVirus and installing all latest Service Packs for Windows and Microsoft Office.

Saharika

In the zone
well

well
thks for nice answer i habe not tested but hope works
so can u give link where can i download that av
is it freeware or what
by the way what patch we have to download
may be link will be fine
thks
saha

pintooo15

Right off the assembly line
desktop.ini and folder.htt are used when you enable the "View As Web Page" and of course remain once they have been created even if you disable the feature.

Eager_Beever

Broken In
desktop.ini and folder.htt are used when you enable the "View As Web Page" and of course remain once they have been created even if you disable the feature.

You are right. But these files are created in ALL folders after the Redlof virus infects the system.

There is no virus which cannort be cleaned and requires a format.
Solutions exist.

Again, you are right. BUT some viruses so much destroys the system files that, it IS much better and less time taking, just to format your harddisk and install everything again. You will get a clean system. Also since the data files (files created by the user, documents, images, etc.) are NOT seriously infected (in ALMOST ALL cases, the data files can be cleaned effectively). it is recommended to take backup of the datafiles, format the system, reinstall Windows, load a GOOD anti virus, update the virus database/signature file, copy the datfiles back, perform a complete system scan, and then install other used programs. In my experience, it works much faster and sureshot.

Kaspersky can be downloaded from www.kaspersky.com.

In my opinion, Russians are MUCH better in developing anti virus solutions and hence I always prefer, Kaspersky.

M

munim

you from russia man?? anyways let me tell you this.. i use Norton Antivirus and i never had any problem with viruses.... and i am a very avid internet user... i just update my defs in time thats it.
guys try using linux for browsing.. you hardly get viruses on linux.
for a start, try fedora core 2 its free. google for download page.

Eager_Beever

Broken In
i use Norton Antivirus and i never had any problem with viruses

I never had such good experience with Norton, even with up-to-date virus definations. On top of that, Norton is very resource hungry. As mentioned earlier, it never could trap and clean the common Redlof virus.

guys try using linux for browsing.. you hardly get viruses on linux.

You are right. Only a handful of viruses are available under Linux. I don't have any virus experience under Linux. But AntiVirus solutions ARE available for Linux.

You interested guys should try the Linux distro by PCQuest. It is among the best suitable for everybody.

you from russia man??
Does it really matter???? :?: :?:

theraven

Technomancer
hmm
munim .... i agree uve had a good experience with norton
so did i
till i installed kaspersky
it detected some 4-5 new threats which norton didnt as soon as i shifted
anyways ... u should give it a shot its gr8
norton is a resource hog
if i can make a shift anyone can ;) trust me ... when i stick to something i hate change
anyways here check this out ...
*www.tech-arena.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5756
MIGHT change ur opinion ;)

i dunno russians are better or not ... but kaspersky rocks

anyways this topic is going haywire ... i think the mods should have a look at this ...
ranjodh i do appreciate ur effort as with the "CONFIG" thread
but dude give it up man
no one wants these changes ... they are still gonna post as they did
and these threads are becomin place for ppl to spam and go off topic ...
i hope u understand what im sayin !

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
totally agree with raven,
when i reinstalled windows, i had to put kaspersky (on batty's advice), it takes less resource and the efficiency is also good.

kaspersky rulez!

saROMan

QA Juggler
well yah kaspasky Rules......and am telling u this after trying...Norton,Mcafee,AVG,Quickheal,Nod32 ....right after installation it deteced some Virus/Backdoor/Trojans .....which my Norton never detected....and Moreover Its less Resource hungry ......

BTW bout ur Readloaf.A ..if ur using Win98 ...simply open kernel.dll in the system folder in Dos Mode ...and delete the last 3 lines..which start with "Execure" ...then find all "Desktop.ini"& "folder.htt" files......delete them...and ur done......

Eager_Beever

Broken In
BTW bout ur Readloaf.A ..if ur using Win98 ...simply open kernel.dll in the system folder in Dos Mode ...and delete the last 3 lines..which start with "Execure" ...then find all "Desktop.ini"& "folder.htt" files......delete them...and ur done......

When you delete ALL instances of Desktop.ini and Folder.htt, you can NOT use the View as Web Page option. I prefer that option to work. Anyway, tempering with system files like, Kernel.dll is not recomended for every user. It can lead to unpredictable behaviour.

OP
R

ranjodh

Broken In
i had a movie cd which showed a virus
ill get back with the deatils.
just tell me if you know about any common viruses on cd.
Thanx.
RJ

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Eager_Beever said:

When you delete ALL instances of Desktop.ini and Folder.htt, you can NOT use the View as Web Page option. I prefer that option to work. Anyway, tempering with system files like, Kernel.dll is not recomended for every user. It can lead to unpredictable behaviour.

Well . .. Kernel.dll is not a system file first of all ... And and after deleting all Desktop.ini and Folder.htt files you will lose View as Web page option but it can be brought back by reinstalling Internet Explorer ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom