Need help in buying CPU, MOBO, RAM . Whats the best one can get at 20k ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
what some other prob bro ??
any idea then

Corrupted CD/DVD. Try installing from some other source....If needed, change any options in BIOS related to EM64T..

Well earlier in this thread 'krow' pointed out that 32bit os utilizes memory upto 3.25gb and not beyond whereas 64bit os goes beyond that mark so only 4gigs or more can be useful for 64 bit os resource utilization.
I have seen in other forums the bare min requirements to install vista 64 consisted of 2x2 gb of ram so i think its a requirement.

Well he clearly stated that, 32bit OS utilizes upto 3.25GB whereas 64bit OS goes beyond that. That doesnt mean it must be 4GIG of RAM. What if someone with 2GB of RAM wants to install a 64bit OS?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Corrupted CD/DVD. Try installing from some other source....If needed, change any options in BIOS related to EM64T..

Well he clearly stated that, 32bit OS utilizes upto 3.25GB whereas 64bit OS goes beyond that. That doesnt mean it must be 4GIG of RAM. What if someone with 2GB of RAM wants to install a 64bit OS?

Well i'm not sure as i havent tested it yet.But my friend had a dell inspiron laptop with a 2ghz c2d processor and used 32 bit vista as he had 2gigs initially.Now after uprading to 4gigs he used vista 64 and currently uses windows 7 ultimate 64.
So maybe yes a person having 2gig wont be able to install winsows 7 ultimate 64 as the os architecture doesnt allow that.

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
Well i'm not sure as i havent tested it yet.But my friend had a dell inspiron laptop with a 2ghz c2d processor and used 32 bit vista as he had 2gigs initially.Now after uprading to 4gigs he used vista 64 and currently uses windows 7 ultimate 64.
So maybe yes a person having 2gig wont be able to install winsows 7 ultimate 64 as the os architecture doesnt allow that.
ok well im gonna trying try installing a 64bit windows soon and let u people know my experience

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

*www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=753022

*www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/31209-running-64-bit-windows-7-1-5-gigs-ram.html

There is no such thing as 64 bit OS need atleast 4gig of RAM. We can install even if we have 2gig, but its of no use. Also 64 bit OS consumes more memory than 32 bit.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^

Those are just bullsh** M$ warnings. Install the WinXP 64BIT if you want. Though as of now there is no point for you to do so, since you have < 4 GB of RAM.

If, you get >= 4GB RAM, then mount a 64BIT OS. Win7 is the recommended flavor, since XP 64BIT is outdated now..! (Yea, I am using it..will move to Win7 soon).

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Dont get a intel board. Cost-to-cost other brands kicks intels a$$ and regarding the features, all others except intel offer good features. Also intel is not a VFM one....

You cannot OC vanilla Intel boards. The BIOS is locked, unless you hack it. That would be a pain.

Better to get from the big three, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI (written alphabetically)

Krow

Crowman
*www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=753022

*www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/31209-running-64-bit-windows-7-1-5-gigs-ram.html

There is no such thing as 64 bit OS need atleast 4gig of RAM. We can install even if we have 2gig, but its of no use. Also 64 bit OS consumes more memory than 32 bit.
Yes, exactly. The minimum requirements of all x64 OS are more than that of x86 ones. They also consume more memory just as the x64 builds of apps do consume more than x86 builds.

^^

Those are just bullsh** M$ warnings. Install the WinXP 64BIT if you want. Though as of now there is no point for you to do so, since you have < 4 GB of RAM.

If, you get >= 4GB RAM, then mount a 64BIT OS. Win7 is the recommended flavor, since XP 64BIT is outdated now..! (Yea, I am using it..will move to Win7 soon).
For him, no point in installing x64 OS as you said, due to less than 4GB RAM. :)

You cannot OC vanilla Intel boards. The BIOS is locked, unless you hack it. That would be a pain.
Well, yeah. Painfully true.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, exactly. The minimum requirements of all x64 OS are more than that of x86 ones. They also consume more memory just as the x64 builds of apps do consume more than x86 builds.

For him, no point in installing x64 OS as you said, due to less than 4GB RAM. :)

Yes, no point that Puneet installs a 64BIT OS, with < 4GB memory. Here is the design differences between 32BIT and 64BIT.

It could cause his system to run inefficiently.

@Puneet:
What prompted you to install XP 64BIT...?

OP
MambaXL

MambaXL

Broken In
Guys.. We are going off-topic..
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
@ vickybat

where have u ordered ?? how much is he cost of cpu, mobo and ram ?? and have you contacted msi @ their contact number (given at msi-india website) ??

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Posted again:
@ vickybat

where have u ordered ?? how much is he cost of cpu, mobo and ram ?? and have you contacted msi @ their contact number (given at msi-india website) ??

Enquire in some online stores..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Posted again:
@ vickybat

@MambaXL

HI buddy
I had ordered the i5 750 along with dp55wb from reddington in bbsr.Since i wont overclock so went for the intel board and the gigabyte one isnt available currently in bbsr.Havent contacted msi yet.You can contact reddington in the following number and place your order....06742540995.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ gOOD purchase.

But you missing a great chance to unleash the i5. No OC'ing for you...! :(

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Thnx for your concern guys...

But i've already made up my mind that i wont overclock & besides my psu is the vx450 and it wont deliver the extra juice for oc.I too wanted the gigabyte board but it wasn't available, even the distributor couldn't recognize the board in my city(cuttack orissa).
My parents don't allow to order online so had to go the intel way as it was available .

Come on guys its not that bad a board sans OC........
Posted again:
Thnx for your concern guys...

But i've already made up my mind that i wont overclock & besides my psu is the vx450 and it wont deliver the extra juice for oc.I too wanted the gigabyte board but it wasn't available, even the distributor couldn't recognize the board in my city(cuttack orissa).
My parents don't allow to order online so had to go the intel way as it was available .

Come on guys its not that bad a board sans OC........

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Even with the VX450 you would have been able to OC, safely.

But you have your reasons....enjoy the i5. Congrats.

OP
MambaXL

MambaXL

Broken In
IMO
OC depends on other components too. if you are jam-packed with mutiple drives and a powerful gpu, OCing on vx450 is quite difficult. not to mention that you need a good cpu cooler, and chassis too.

IMO
Buying Core i7 860 @ 14.5k and running at stock is way better than investing 10.5k on i5, OC it using a 3rd party CPU Cooler and Big Chassis with lots of fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom