Need help in buying CPU, MOBO, RAM . Whats the best one can get at 20k ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
@P.Garg

1. Change your CPU core + GPU.
2. Upgrade to 2 x 2GB RAM
3. Install a 64BIT OS.

You have a powerful rig......................! :)

Again:

What PSU you have...?
-----
@Krow @P.Garg regarding i5 vs i7:

Read some reviews on i5 vs i7. I will not comment my views on this --- last time there was a mini flame war on...!

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^

We never reached a consensus. Why clutter this thread. Anyone who needs XX vs XX can read it themselves, so much stuff out there. Same with GPU comparisons. Am staying far from this.
:)

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
^^
@P.Garg

1. Change your CPU core + GPU.
2. Upgrade to 2 x 2GB RAM
3. Install a 64BIT OS.

You have a powerful rig......................! :)

Again:

What PSU you have...?
-----
@Krow @P.Garg regarding i5 vs i7:

Read some reviews on i5 vs i7. I will not comment my views on this --- last time there was a mini flame war on...!

but i guess a 64Bit is not supported on my PC
rather sometimes it shows 86bit can it be true...
btw thanks for the compliment
and well i cant already change my pc config since i bought a lappy a couple of months ago so my parents wont allow upgrading yet

Krow

Crowman
x86 means 32 bits. x64 is 64bits. x64 allows usage of RAM beyond 3.25GB in Windows. x86 limits ram to 3.25gb.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The difference between i5 750 & i7 860 is hyperthreading which the latter supports.
Though this depends on the code to be processed i.e if it can be handled by virtual cores.
The i7 860 also has higher clockspeed than the i5 @ 2.8ghz so should perform better.
It retails for around 14.5k therefore making the i5 better vfm.

But if enhanced multicore performance matters go with the i7.

@ MambaXL
For the mobo the gigabyte is great but if you do not want to overclock then the intel dp55wb also makes sense at 6.3k but has fewer connectivity options.Regarding availability you can get them in bhubaneshwar as i have already ordered the i5 along with the intel board from in bbsr.

You can contact me through my mail (vickybat999@gmail.com)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Dont get a intel board. Cost-to-cost other brands kicks intels a$$ and regarding the features, all others except intel offer good features. Also intel is not a VFM one....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
But whitesberg aka intel dp55wb is an exception.It has adequate no. solid state capacitors ensuring better longevity,offers good built quality and is great vfm.It only loses in some connectivity options and also isnt recommended for oc and again intel doesnt develop or officially support boards that oc well and thats deliberate.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
but bro im not able to install any 64bit windows why is it so

Thats weird. Try installing Win 7 64 bit.

But whitesberg aka intel dp55wb is an exception.It has adequate no. solid state capacitors ensuring better longevity,offers good built quality and is great vfm.It only loses in some connectivity options and also isnt recommended for oc and again intel doesnt develop or officially support boards that oc well and thats deliberate.

Well the mobo looks rock-solid. But at the same price point, Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 (rev. 1.0) looks great. XFire support, and much more. Have a look at specs and you wont look after intel..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Agree but if you have nvidia cards then crossfirex doesnt make sense .And the intel is also around 1k cheaper, only doesnt have esata support.It definitely is a great board for those looking for a single card setup.But the gigabyte board is also awesome. I couldnt get my hands on it due to non availabilty in cuttack and bhubaneswar(Orissa).

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
Thats weird. Try installing Win 7 64 bit.

Well the mobo looks rock-solid. But at the same price point, Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 (rev. 1.0) looks great. XFire support, and much more. Have a look at specs and you wont look after intel..
that means u could install 64bit windows on a 32-bit pc ?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Agree but if you have nvidia cards then crossfirex doesnt make sense .And the intel is also around 1k cheaper, only doesnt have esata support.It definitely is a great board for those looking for a single card setup.But the gigabyte board is also awesome. I couldnt get my hands on it due to non availabilty in cuttack and bhubaneswar(Orissa).

Well Gigabyte one costs around 6.5k IIRC...
So just 200 bucks more than intel....

that means u could install 64bit windows on a 32-bit pc ?

E2160 is a 32bit one?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
i donno may be yes...thats why it give this warning ??

The 2160 is based on allendale cores and they are all 64bit proccys.
Do you have 4gigs of ram in dual channel mode?
I guess that may be the problem as 64bit os requires atleast 4gigs.

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
then how im able to install a 32bit windows and not 64bit ??

@vickybat
ok yes...i have 2gb ram
that might be the prob...:neutral:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
The 2160 is based on allendale cores and they are all 64bit proccys.
Do you have 4gigs of ram in dual channel mode?
I guess that may be the problem as 64bit os requires atleast 4gigs.

:D Its not for sure. Coz its not mandatory that you have 4gig of RAM to even install the 64bit OS. May the CD/DVD is corrupted or some other problem stops him from installing it.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
:D Its not for sure. Coz its not mandatory that you have 4gig of RAM to even install the 64bit OS. May the CD/DVD is corrupted or some other problem stops him from installing it.

Well earlier in this thread 'krow' pointed out that 32bit os utilizes memory upto 3.25gb and not beyond whereas 64bit os goes beyond that mark so only 4gigs or more can be useful for 64 bit os resource utilization.
I have seen in other forums the bare min requirements to install vista 64 consisted of 2x2 gb of ram so i think its a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom