Need Help in building a gaming rig

lakhim

Broken In
Hi,
I am planning to buy a desktop in a few months or so and have shortlisted a configuration.
I will start by the basic questions.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:I am presently working in BPO but thinkling of switching over to IT sector and so have been training to use Networking like CCNA and programming with C,C++ & Java.Also want to run UNIX along with WIN7 and WIN XP.
But at first, I want to play games like FAR CRY,NFSMW,Crysis,Assasins Creed and last but not the least MASS EFFECT SERIES.
I am listing these as these are resource-hungry games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:I intend to buy in range 30-35k but can extend to 40k if its worth the buy.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Maybe.But most probably no.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:As told above Win 7, WIN XP and UNIX.And can someone guide me how 32 bit and 64 bit are different and which one would be the best?:-?

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:I would admit I haven't got the idea.:mrgreen:

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes, and I would ask your assistance in getting the best monitor which provides a visual treat for eyes for above games.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Headphones and maybe speakers.My company has already provided those.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:In probably 4-5 months.Plz, don't laugh.Just starting so want to know what I am buying as I haven't got huge budget.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:No and will be done by me and no assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I stay at Kolkata but I am looking to buy from Flipkart.Are giving at good price.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Yes, now comes configuration.

ASUS M5A78L-M LX Motherboard-Rs 2703
or
ASUS M5A88-M Motherboard-Rs 5292

AMD FX8150-12K
OR
FX6100-8K
OR
FX 4100-6K

Corsair Vengeance 4 GB RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)-Rs 1.6k

Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST1000DM003)-5.4k

Cooler Master Gladiator 600 Mid Tower Cabinet-4.4k
I would like to mention I am in a fix abt the cabinet.Don't know will it be good or not.
Also not decided about PSU and Heat Sink & Fans.Have to research about it as one forum member pointed out that its very imp. for PC and not to be ignored.
Didn't get very good Optical drives on Flipkart.Can u Suggest something?
And one thing I would like to add.I download lots of movies and music so that will explain the 1TB Hard Disk.Will download a lot.:mrgreen:

I have also one small Question.What is difference between a HDD and SDD and why their costs vary?
Sorry for asking so many questions.I know many would frown to see it but please understand have to work on every detail before doing something.:razz:

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Component Make Price
CPU Intel Core i3-2100 6700
Motherboard ASRock H61M 3230
GPU GIGABYTE HD 6770 6450
RAM G.Skill DDR3 4GB 1150
HDD WD Caviar Blue 500GB 4100
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1110
Case Intex/iBall/Frontech 1000
PSU Corsair CX430V2 2450
Monitor Dell IN2030M 6100
KB + Mouse Logitech MK200 700
UPS Intex 600VA 1400
Total 34390

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
@RiGod, since OP can extend budget upto 40k, so he can go for HD 7770 @ 8.5k instead of HD 6770, and for a better mobo like Intel DH67CL @ 5.2k.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Asrock H61M is a very good motherboard for the price.It has got usb3.0 ports and sata III.
If op can extend his budget then he can get a better monitor and a better graphic card if his priority is gaming.
He can take benq g2222hdl for 7.5k and nvidia gtx560 for 10k.
Or else he can invest in a better processor(i5 2400/2320) and a good full hd monitor in his budget.

EDIT:Asrock h61m mobo has none of the above mentioned features.It was a wrong piece of info from flipkart.
Should have checked manufacturer's page.
Sem exams are going on so did not bother checking up manufacturer's page.

Last edited:

digit1191

In the zone
+1 for better GPU. a gtx 560 will play all games in ultra in 1600x900. So changing to 560 would be advisable

OP
L

lakhim

Broken In
Thank You for all your advice and had checked on the conf. which RiGod gave.Good conf. Also liked the suggestion for i5.
On checking flipkart found that i5 2550k is the best which is worth the value and good.

But I don't understand why people don't subscribe to AMD if it is cheaper.
Also can You tell me where I can find all tech specs and performance matrix in real life scenarios and in games.

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
1.Processor: Intel Core i5 2320: 10k
2.Motherboard: ASRock H61 HVGS: 2.9k
3.RAM: 4GB: 1.2k
4.HDD: 500GB: 4k
5.GPU: MSI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition/Oc: 9.5k
6.Monitor: BenQ G2222HD: 7k
7.PSU: Seasonic SS-500ES: 3k
8.Optical drive: any DVD writer: 0.9k
9. Keyboard+Mouse: Zebronics Judwaa 5 bundle: 0.5k
10.Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 310: 1.8k
11.UPS: Intex 600VA: 1.5k
Total: 42.3k or you can go with the GTX 560 with the total being 43.8k

Cilus

laborare est orare
Now a days there are lots of suggestion for Asrock H61M motherboard and it is highlighted that it has SATA III and USB 3.0 ports. But that is a completely wrong piece of information....Thanks to Flipkart's erroneous Motherboard description.

The Motherboard you guys are actually talking about is ASRock H61M/U3S3 which is currently out of stock in Flipkart. The standard H61M neither has USB 3.0 port nor it has SATA III 6 Gbps port. Check the Asrock Product page description:-
ASRock > Products > H61M.
So before suggesting, please check the original Product page description in Manufacturer's web site. It will help us to avoid confusion /wrong suggestion

OP
L

lakhim

Broken In
Thanks for all the advice.
I would like to know if taking a mobo with sata 3Gb/s header and USB 2.0 ports is good or 6Gb/s header with USB 3.0?

Please suggest.If I am incorrect then please clarify.
Suggestions most welcome.

OP
L

lakhim

Broken In
Hi, Folks.
I was looking at NZXT site and saw pics of HADES.
I almost fell in love with it.Also price is less as compared to other NZXT cabinets.
Is NZXT cases available in India?

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi, Folks.
I was looking at NZXT site and saw pics of HADES.
I almost fell in love with it.Also price is less as compared to other NZXT cabinets.
Is NZXT cases available in India?

I don't know whether HADES is available But NZXT GAMMA is available in India

Top Bottom