need help i buying a new mobile within 15k

Arnab boss

In the zone
hi guys...,since my e71 is having some hardware probs i need a new phone within 15k :grin :grin:

it should hav the following features.:high resolution screen with amoled display.
:5 megapixcel camera with flash.
:a 3.5mm jack output with good speakers..
:keypad with touchscreen or qwerty keypad.
:gps,gprs with 3g and usb2.0 optional.
:software os android preferable.:wink: ;-)

as i lastly bought a nokia x6 16gb and it really sucks:x:-x so the phone should b a vfm one.:lol: :lol:

guys help me out.:cool:

pauldmps

Banned
No phone in your budget would get you all the features you've asked for (at least the "AMOLED" part).

The nearest to your budget phone would be Samsung s8500 Wave (now discontinued, might be available in some places) costing about Rs. 18k.

The Wave II is available for about 19k (no AMOLED, though!) rest same features.

Some phones within your budget:

1. For best camera (5mp with flash): HTC Wildfire (poor screen resolution) & Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini pro(old age OS Android 1.6 cupcake)

2. 3.5 mm jack - Almost all phones.

3. QWERTY keypad - Xperia X10 Mini pro & Motorola Backflip (again both have old OS android 1.6), Galaxy 551 (mediocre camera, no flash)

My recommendation would be LG Optimus one (obviously!; 2mp camera & no flash) or Galaxy 3 or Galaxy 551 (for qwerty).

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
how abt motorola flipout it has similar features but the camera and screen r lagging...??

any other handsets guys..??

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Amoled under 15k!!! No options :-(

Stay away from flipout - small screen, poor resolution and slow processor.
Wait for Motorola Flipside it should be within budget. Two drawbacks are - android 2.1 and 3.2 MP camera
But has qwerty keypad, 3.1' screen with HVGA resolution, 512 MB RAM and good 720 MHz processor

OR HTC aria for it's 5 MP camera but I doubt its availability.

OR LG Optimus One :)

acewin

Point Blanc
nokia C6, it is vfm and cost is 13K around as other already pointed there is no AMOLED screen in the price range

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
guys i am prosponding to buy the android phone now and instead i hav plan to buy the nokia c5 to continue my daily use,and buy the android after 2 months with a budget of 30k...

guys now help me to decide nokia c5 or c6 as bothr same in features only c6 has a 5 megapixcel camera and touch screen with slide qwerty pad..with more inbuilt memory..? but the price difference is more and as i hav an x6 touch screen,camera and memory wont mean much to me..??

so which one will b more vfm and anyother suggestions from other brands and yes it should hav a resale value like nokia..

thanks guys..!!

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ Great!!! :-D

30k after two months, you might be able to grab a dual core processor mobile.
Great phones with great features are being showcased in CES event from sony ericsson, htc, lg and motorola. Toll of dual core mobile phones has increased to 3 and some great phone displays madge their entry too.

For now I would say save your precious bucks and go for c5.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
Guys i went to nokia prioty store yesterday they told me tht c5 report is bad and opt me to e5 or x5-01...e5 seems to b good but i like the x5 design..so which to go for...

pauldmps

Banned
Nokia priority always tries to sell some crap for which they've got a better margin.

They sold my friend an X2 (S40) saying that 5233 (S60) is a bad phone (& also bragged about its 5mp camera).

Do whatever but don't buy a phone from them. Go for the C5. One of my friends has it & its great at the pricepoint. C5 has got excellent reviews everywhere.

The X5-01 has a very bad form-factor & E5 is much costlier.

acewin

Point Blanc
hahaaa C5 report however bad in their terms, its battery is good, build quality is better than X5, stick with C5 rather than following their stupid ideas
E5 is pretty good option if you wanna consider
C6 is also good but you will need to pay more for it if you wanna consider it

vishurocks

Journeyman
If u gonna buy a good android based phone after 2-3 months, then why u wanna waste money for e5 or c6. Just go for c5 as u have asked. It is not bad for 7.5k. And for use of 2-3 months, why to bother much.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
guys finally bought the e5-00..i was going for c5 but thre qwerty pad and the white colour with great looks changed my mind...and guys i must say this phn is awesome...!!!

now guys iam planning to buy a dual sim phone within this week within 5k...? i am going to exchange my nokia n70 music edition and 6630..as they both r giving frequent hangs and tired of carrying so many mobs with me...!!

i am opting for samsung chat322 or micromax q5fb..??

which one to go for and any other options...i want a good battery back up and vfm one..!!

and guys my e71 is still lying with me as i exchanged my nokia 6500 slide with the e5...so ill b changng it sooner but first this one..as i need this asap...!!!!

vishurocks

Journeyman
Get a samsung chat 322. It's a nice phone with optical trackpad, for better navigation. And congrats on ur purchase. For how much u got ur e5

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
In these two options I would go for... neither of them :p
I would opt for nokia c3.

Micromax's phone looks ' yuk' in front of chat322 and battery life is pathetic. On the other hand, chat322 seriously lacks a healthy resolution and camera.

So IMO it's better to spend some more and go for nokia's option. It would provide you with 2MP camera, .2' bigger screen, better battery life than other two options and additional feature of wifi and good resale value.

And if you don't have other option than those two I would suggest samsung chat322 mainly for it's brand name and battery life.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
thanks guys..@vishurocks.. i got it for 9500 bucks unofficially as for corporate discountsa but the bill is of 10250 with vat...!!!

@naino thanks for this advice but as i already hav a nokia x6 16gb so camera and resolution is no issue but i need a dual screen phone with good battery back up within 5k..and the good thing is it has a qwerty pad so will hav no probs as i use a e 71..!!

so guys any other options inthis range or shalll stick with samsung chat

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Motorola has another option but sadly battery life is poor. So stick with samsung chat as low resolution is not a big concern for you :)

vishurocks

Journeyman
Yeah samsung chat's battery life is very good. The only major issue imo is 176*220 screen resolution. But as u said u are comfortable with it, then go for it

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
thanks guys ill b going tomorrow to buy it...!!

guys wht to do abt the next phone in exchange of e 71...!!

should i go for blackberry or some android stuff...??? budget is not fixed but i intend to sell my e 71 @ 6k and then add some to get the new one...!!!

i need a smart phone with all usual features of a business phone,battery should hav stamina of surviving 2 days max but i hav seen 1 day is all u get of any of this kind...!!

nxt is the camera and resolution 3 to 5 megapixel will do and a good resolution..most important is that it should b updated at least 2 years...

so guys post ur suggestions and then ill c which one to opt for..ill buy within this month end...!!!

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
guys just saw the motorola ex 115 dual sim phone..wht abt it..???

reviews r good and i saw it today and liked it...look good and the steel with white combination looks too good...!!!

should i go for it or stick with samsung chat 322...!!

price quoted is 4900 all for the white one..4800 metalic brown one...??

help me guys i am confused and will buy tomorrow...!!

Top Bottom