Need Help; HTML Querriesl

Status
Not open for further replies.

escape7

What? Where? How?
1. Can i make an HTML page go fullscreen on opening. If yes, how?
2. I want to make a button, which on being pressed closes itself(the html page). How do i do it?

Charley

Just Do It
escape7 said:

You can get to full screen mode two ways. You can have the window simply open full screen by itself or set up a button or link that will open the window.
Internet Explorer user can also get to a kind-of full screen mode by just hitting F-11. If you're using MSIE, try it. Hit F-11 again to return to normal mode. Since it doesn't work in Netscape Navigator, I am not making it a subheading. I just wanted to mention it so you'll know the trick.

Let's start with just opening the browser in full screen mode. It's easy. Copy and paste this into the page's HEAD tag section:

<script>
<!--
window.open("bigpage.html","fs","fullscreen,scrollbars")
//-->
</script>

That format will give you scrollbars. If you don't want scrollbars, just alter the code a bit to this:

<script>
<!--
window.open("bigpage.html","fs","fullscreen=yes")
//-->
</script>

Note that the "fs" is simply a name I assigned to the page. You really don't even need that in there. The page will open without it.

2. I want to make a button, which on being pressed closes itself(the html page). How do i do it?

You might take it from the italic statements above that the newly opened full screen can be closed through hitting F-11. Nope. You need to offer the user the ability to close the window. Add this code to the newly opened page:
Close window

That will offer a link that closes the window named "fs". See why I used a name for the page?

If you'd like a button that closes the window, try this:

<FORM>
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Close the Window" onClick="window.close('fs')">
</FORM>

:wink:

OP
escape7

escape7

What? Where? How?
achacko@dataone.in said:
escape7 said:

You can get to full screen mode two ways. You can have the window simply open full screen by itself or set up a button or link that will open the window.
Internet Explorer user can also get to a kind-of full screen mode by just hitting F-11. If you're using MSIE, try it. Hit F-11 again to return to normal mode. Since it doesn't work in Netscape Navigator, I am not making it a subheading. I just wanted to mention it so you'll know the trick.

Let's start with just opening the browser in full screen mode. It's easy. Copy and paste this into the page's HEAD tag section:

<script>
<!--
window.open("bigpage.html","fs","fullscreen,scrollbars")
//-->
</script>

That format will give you scrollbars. If you don't want scrollbars, just alter the code a bit to this:

<script>
<!--
window.open("bigpage.html","fs","fullscreen=yes")
//-->
</script>

Note that the "fs" is simply a name I assigned to the page. You really don't even need that in there. The page will open without it.

u confused me there.

& how do i link another page to one using a button.

Charley

Just Do It

u confused me there.

& how do i link another page to one using a button.[/quote]

Right, it didnt get into the quote box, anyway here it is below

You might take it from the italic statements above that the newly opened full screen can be closed through hitting F-11. Nope. You need to offer the user the ability to close the window. Add this code to the newly opened page:
Close window

That will offer a link that closes the window named "fs". See why I used a name for the page?

If you'd like a button that closes the window, try this:

<FORM>
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Close the Window" onClick="window.close('fs')">
</FORM>

OP
escape7

escape7

What? Where? How?
thanks there.

1. In a html page, how do i write something within fixed dimensions.
I'd like a window in which i display the info. With vertical scrolling only.

2. How do make a button that inturn is linked to another page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom