Need help for setting up virtual OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
hi guys,
i am running windows xp 64 bit. but i have compatibility issues with several programs/drivers. i have heard of setting up of virtual oses to access the internet securely, etc. but in my case would it be possible to set up a virtual 32 bit os, so that i can run apps like turbo C++,etc??? besides even the nokia connectivity cable driver doesnt work properly in 64bit xp.

if yes, then how do i set it up???

thanks for reading.

6laz3r

Broken In
yes, you can. you can use virtualPC which is free or the better, VMWare. both will let you connect your virtual OSes to the internet. on a x64 host OS, you can setup both x86 and x64 guest OSes.
there are tonnes of resources on how to set these up.
for virtual pc check this *www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Installing-Configuring-Virtual-PC-Part2.html
i am assuming that you will use virtualPC as vmware is pretty expensive, but lemme know if you need any documentation for vmware.
also, setting up networking in virtualPC is not so simple, you will have to install a MS LoopBack Adapter on the host OS (just a virtual adapter) and then enable internet connection sharing for it.
hope this helps

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I recommend you use VirtualBox from Sun Microsystems. Its free and performs much faster than VirtualPC (which is from Microsoft)

It is pretty straightforward to setup, and you normally wont have any problems with it. Setting up networking with VirtualBox is a piece of cake, for both Host-Client networks, as well as Internet connections.

You can even run pure dos for turbo c++ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom