Need Help for MBA Abroad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Need Help for MBA Abroad...

Hi All...

Well This thread is for clearing some of my doubts or rather queries i have...

I want to go for a MBA abroad in US..UK..or Aus...

US doesnt have stay back option..UK..i have 2 years..in Aus i have a PR option...

The colleges i have selected--

UK --> Lancester, Cranfield
Aus --> MBS
US --> ?? no idea

My profile--

Btech CSE 68%..Working as a S/w engg in a leading firm in healthcare domain.
Reaching 2 years exp. but i plan to go after atleast 3 years exp in total.
so about 1.5 years left. thats a long time. :) .

My Interests--

Marketing, Consulting , as a third option only IT or Finance.

My budge--

25~30 lacs MAX. (Tuition, accomodation,food,books,all)

I only intend to go by 2011. I am looking for 1 year full time. coz 2 years will take a toll in my finance. thats why UK and Aus are in my top list now.I intend to take GMAT, TOefl, IELTS.

No My queries

1. Is the colleges i selected good for the stream i am opting for?
2. I intedn to go to only collges in say 15~25 ranking in top 100. due to finanial issues. will that be ok?
3. I have heard ppl going for colleges with less know like in total less than 20 lacs. will that be good?
4. Are there any other colleges or options u like to say to me?
5. I need to know abt the job scenes in relevant univ i listed above and one u know?

Any and all suggestions are welcome..

Jerin

OP
m-jeri

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Already posted in pagalguy...it just gets backed down...cant bump it always...

@wise.. yup....

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Don't take Lancaster. It is unknown in the UK. Go for something like Tanaka (Imperial), Judge (Cambridge) or Said (Oxford).

Cranfield, even though slightly unknown, has a good placement record I think, and with your engineering background, it would suit you.

Ofcourse if you want to really enjoy your studying experience and get to meet the best in the industry and political world, there's nothing like LSE and Oxbridge. :) (Been there, done that)

LSE doesn't offer MBA, though. But, then, it does offer so much more. ;)

OP
m-jeri

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

LAncaster is bad... boy tell me more...

all the places like pagalguy are telling rave things...and please check the specilisation i want to do and say which suits me best...

u studied in LSE and oxbridge??... NICE...
can u say details??.. course..how long..cost..living..job scene and all..

Last statmenent ..what u mean..:)

and please tell about the total costs..which is VERY imp to me...

Last edited:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
All I'm saying is that Lancaster is not a university that everyone knows about in the UK.

I don't know the cost structure of an MBA, but for the degree I did at one of the top 3 univs, it wasn't too expensive. All I would say is that Oxford, Cambridge and LSE open doors for you; how you utilize your stay there is entirely upto you.

LSE offers incredible diversity, great opportunities to meet world leaders (everyone from Manmohan Singh to Kevin Rudd to Nicholas Burns to other heads of state have been there in the past 2 years), amazing interaction with the industry and the chance to live in one of the leading cities in the world.

It's a bit difficult to comment upon the job scenario - recession has set upon UK and opportunities are scarce even for Oxbridge/LSE grads. I'm personally surviving on a measly internship; although the work that I do is A+ - just that there'll be no money in it for a while.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
^^^

Ok... but i think LSE doesnt offer MBA ..will check it out anyways..

Yes, that's what I said in my last post. They only offer a joint exec-MBA program suitable for people with over 10 years of experience.

It's a purely academic university.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Look at NUS website ..Singapore being the hub of finance and its cheap too..but its 2 yrs ..also look at HKUST (Hong Kong Univ of Science and Tech) MBA ..HK is also an excellent place

OP
m-jeri

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

well finance is not a option for me... a CS engg... finance... not so cool... and my specializations are mktg..consulting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom