Need help for game cutting

Symbianlover

Always on net
I downloaded call of duty game(11 gb) but the problem is,I want to make dvd of it in 3 disk(4.7 gb).How can I do this?is there any software or trick to do this and cut the game iso in 3part and burn them in 3 disk?plz help.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Use winrar. Compress the game fiiles, while doing so select the file size limit for breaking the compress file into pieces. You will get this option in the lower left of the winrar compressor windows.

Check that

Winrar is a good option. just right click that file you want to divide in parts & type the amount of space in 'Split files to volume' box(remember to put that in bytes) and use best compression.

parthbarot

In the zone
Yah right... Winrar provides to make parts of size you decide.Also you can try 7-zip, which is open source and compresses best as a '.7z' file.

There are some file splitters also available, but better to use 7-zip.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
You can burn it onto 3 disks after splitting with winrar, but you won't be able to install directly from those disks. you'll have to extract it to your hard drive before installing. But as far as I understand, your download should already have 2 DVD images (as there are no 11 GB DVDs and as of now, all games come on DVDs even if they are coming on blu-rays too). If that is the case then you'd better buy 2 dual-layer DVDs as it will alow you to install the game directly from the DVD later on. Dual layer DVDs come for Rs. 20 at my place

swapraj

Broken In
if its a single .iso file then you can use the XP-manager or 7-manager depending on os it will cut the large single file as per you wish from 2 to 100.

swapraj

Broken In
you have to copy that that file in single folder and then simply join it with same tool to again form same file format as previous one (either iso or any other media fie like mkv ) with same size .

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
who said they do it. Yes there are rippers out there who rip the games and there are many games which are originally over 8 GB, but Ripped versions are less than 4 GB. But still, they are different. I haven't seen proper game DVDs which have been split up. And Rips require to modify the installer (reverse engineering I suppose), not everyone's cup of tea!

swapraj

Broken In
c'mon yaar ,
the 7-manager just cut the file into requires pieces of its own format which is not open with any other software. and join it when the desired pieces supplied
Means you can split the file in suppose 3 pieces write it in DVD then when you want to install just paste this in single folder and give command join through same software.
i am doing this for .mkv files to carry movies since i have only 2 GB pen drive.(movies are larger than that )
if any one is sure that same is not for iso files then sorry my mistake.
then prefer WIN-RAR the best one . (i just avoid since i have P-4 and takes lot of time to de-compress)

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
Actually it was your profile. :)
Code:
Cool Buddy  
Alpha Geek	 	Join Date: Mar 2006

Top Bottom