Need help for choosing GFX card ( Hd7870 or GTX660 ti & non-ti)

Which one to buy?

• Zotac GTX 660 2GB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Adhip007

Adhip007

Journeyman
Thanks guys... Most probably I will buy HD7870 Ghz and will rather spent remaining money buying games instead of increase of 5 - 10 FPS. If I had money most probably I would buy 660 Ti (Long term Nvidia user ;) Geforce 5600FX -> 7600 GT -> GTX260) but seeing VFM, I am looking forward to 7870.

And please do not fight over it, I just asked it as I was not able to make my mind.

Peace.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
so on which version of HD7870 you are eyeing on ? I mean DC II, TF III or something more special ? ;-)

OP
Adhip007

Adhip007

Journeyman
I am planning on this: *mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=pro...IBU=HD 7870=211=GPU&path=74_86&product_id=837

OP
Adhip007

Adhip007

Journeyman
Re: Need help for choosing GFX card ( Hd7870 or GTX660 ti & non-ti)

"Product not found"! post another link.

Check this:
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7870 HDMI OC Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Sapphire: Flipkart.com

One more thing, How AMD compensate the PhysX? I have a game (Train Simulator) which uses PhysX engine (I am a Railfan so I play this game extensively and spent most of my money to buy its DLCs) so how performance will be affected? Are Havok and PhysX are the Same?

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, with AMD cards, you have to turn off the PhsyX as it runs only on nvidia hardware. If you switch on PhysX with an AMD GPU then PhysX will run on CPU and nVidia deliberately crippled the performance of PhysX code in CPU.

pacificb0y

Broken In

Check this:
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7870 HDMI OC Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Sapphire: Flipkart.com

One more thing, How AMD compensate the PhysX? I have a game (Train Simulator) which uses PhysX engine (I am a Railfan so I play this game extensively and spent most of my money to buy its DLCs) so how performance will be affected? Are Havok and PhysX are the Same?

I Personally Like Physx but there don't seem to be many games on the horizon that will take advantage of this particular feature

Except batman arkham city,borderlands 2 and Few more

differences between having PhysX on or off is slightly noticeable in the games that support it

with physics on ,you will get to see PhysX-based particle effects ,Means The Gaming environment will be more detailed And realistic In scenes where it need to use The physx

Cilus

laborare est orare
nVidia has already made the new PhysX SDK open source and added support for optimized CPU execution. So in future PhysX will also run in CPU with good performance and you won't be needing nVidia GPU for it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ ordered from FK or MD ? ;-)

Check this:

anyway, I'm a great fan of Train/Rail simulator and have ran both Railworks 2 and 3 ( and many DLCs and TS EE ). You can't disable physx ( physx must be installed in order to play these games ) but physx being running on the cpu I've never felt a little slowdown.

OP
Adhip007

Adhip007

Journeyman

^^ ordered from FK or MD ? ;-)

anyway, I'm a great fan of Train/Rail simulator and have ran both Railworks 2 and 3 ( and many DLCs and TS EE ). You can't disable physx ( physx must be installed in order to play these games ) but physx being running on the cpu I've never felt a little slowdown.

Ordered from MD. Then it is of great relief. One more thing, did buy Marias Pass yet?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Ordered from MD. Then it is of great relief. One more thing, did buy Marias Pass yet?

thanks for the info and I don't have Train Simulator 2013 and the Marias Pass released for TS 2013 only, right ?

OP
Adhip007

Adhip007

Journeyman
Latest update: MD Computers is saying that Sapphire HD7870 GHz Edition is out of stock (They have two unit which are defective). Hence they offered ASUS HD7870 DC2 V2 model at same price.

^ that won't be a big problem as you can always overclock manually.

^ that won't be a big problem as you can always overclock manually.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Also Direct CU II coolers are extremely efficient, better than normal dual fan cooler comes with Sapphire cards. So you can easily overclock the card manually to improve performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom