Need Help! External HDD related issue...

saz

Journeyman
Hi,

I have a 500GB WD harddisk, which has two partitions...as I used it for downloading thru torrents via segate dockstar. On one partition Debian (Linux) is installed, the other partitions is used for storage and backup.
Now the problem is that the transfer rate from HDD to PC becomes very low some times it drops to Kb/Sec for large files >1GB. Where as the transfer rate from PC to HDD is fine. I have tried using different USB cables...but the issue still persists. What could be the issue? Does my HDD require RMA?

Also, can some one tell me WD service centers in Delhi?

Thanks!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
can you post screenshot of crystaldisk info software. i dont think the hdd is bad since it is fine on your pc.

OP
saz

saz

Journeyman
Will post crystaldisk info screenshot once I reach home in the evening. I tried check disk and surface scan using EaseUS Partition master....but again the scan rate went too slow with estimate completion time going around 24hrs...i had to stop the surface scan :(

bhvm

Journeyman
Will post crystaldisk info screenshot once I reach home in the evening. I tried check disk and surface scan using EaseUS Partition master....but again the scan rate went too slow with estimate completion time going around 24hrs...i had to stop the surface scan :(

it could be that HDD is actually bad. I had a laptop HDD exactly the same way. it just went unbearably slow but never threw errors or stopped. I replaced the same under warranty.

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
MY WD hard disk getting Slow .. window 7 gave data recovery warning ,,

Instructions For Fixing Hard Disk Errors:

We strongly recommend that you backup your computer to avoid potential data loss.

After you have backed up your computer, you should contact your computer manufacturer or other hardware technical support to determine if the disk with errors needs to be repaired or replaced.

We recommend that you store these printed instructions together with the media used to back up your data (for example, the CDs or USB flash drive used to store your backup), so that everything you need to fix your computer is in one place.

The following information is provided to help the hardware technical support person diagnose the hard disk with errors.

Disk Name: WDC WD1600BEVT-22A23T0 ATA Device
Volume: F:\

speed.jpg

Top Bottom