Need help - cpu+mobo+gpu+RAM

techbulb

eUREKA...
Need help
i have a 10 k budget & i have to repair my pc because the motherboard became faulty so please tell me a cpu-motherboard-ram-gpu combo in the budget i do lots of downloading and multimedia playback and less gaming. i don't want to exceed the budget because i want to buy a Alienware:grin: next year i do most my gaming on my ps3 at this time so please suggest i thought of amd a6-3650 or anthlon II x4 635 :smile:

sorry i did'nt know about the questionnaire here are my ans

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:downloading(torrents ,ps3 games ,movies ,tv shows etc),multimedia playback (seeing movies ,shows etc ),photoshop ,causual games

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:10K

4. Planning to overclock?
A:no

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:windows 7 ,Ubuntu

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:already have

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:already have

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:by assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:this week

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:if possible,beside only future proofing done in these components are quad core on cpu and usb 3.0 on mtherboard

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:yes i only want cpu-mobo-ram-gpu

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:jaipur ,no

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: -
:):grin:

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll go ahead with AMD Llano A6-3650 in this case.

AMD A6-3650 @ 6k
Asus F1A55-M-LE @ 4.5k (available at TheITDepot - no idea about whether it will be available locally)
2*2 GB G.skill Ripjaws X 1600mhz @ 2k. (1600mhz RAM is a must)

Now, the only reason I suggested two 2GB RAM sticks in dual channel over 1 * 4GB stick is because dual channel might help in increasing the performance of Llano graphics. If you want, get 2* 4GB and run in dual channel.

Otherwise, you can always buy an Athlon II X4 635 for 4.2k, buy a AM3 motherboard (Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H for 3.5k, HD 5570/5670 for 3.5/4.3k and 1*4GB RAM for 1.2k.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
thnx ico can i get a low cost motherboard in a6-3650 and add a gpu
No, that is a problem with AMD Llano fusion.

In that case, go for Athlon II X4. And get a 760G based low cost mobo from Asus/Gigabyte. Should cost 2.8k~.

OP
techbulb

techbulb

eUREKA...
should i get the a6 config + HD 5570/5670 if i chip in 2-3k more because a6 is newer and has quad core

Top Bottom